This Master Data Management role covers the understanding, setup and maintenance of Finance Master Data required for the Oracle Retail Management suite of systems. This incorporates the validation and reconciliation of master data and transactional data to ensure the Oracle Retail and Oracle Financials systems are aligned.
Roles & Responsibilities
Key operational tasks include:
- Responsibility for the setup and maintenance of Oracle Retail master data including Organisational elements, Partners, Stores & Warehouses, invoice matching rules, freight & payment terms
- Responsibility for the setup and maintenance of VAT Codes and Rates in Oracle Retail. This includes working closely with our Tax team to ensure the Oracle Retail system is aligned and reconciled with the VAT configuration in Oracle Financials to ensure we are compliant in each market we trade in.
- Ownership of the mapping tables that facilitate the data transfer of stock movements, intercompany activity and invoices between Oracle Retail and Oracle Financials ledgers. This ownership includes updating and reconciling the mapping data when changes are applied e.g. new legal entities, new stores/closed stores or accounting rules updates. Working with the Technical Accounting team to understand the impact of any Chart of Accounts changes that that are relevant for the Oracle Retail transaction mapping configuration.
- Responsibility for providing data extracts to support newly embedded Oracle R4.1 processes.
- Responsibility for providing data extracts from Oracle RMS to support the transition to the WAC stock valuation policy.
- Liaising with Procurement on the setup and enrichment of Suppliers in Oracle Retail systems
- Identifying inefficient and error-prone processes that can be improved, ideally with a view towards automation. A strong architectural knowledge of dataflows and system dependencies is needed to underpin this
- Working with internal departments including different Finance teams, Buying & Merchandising, Planning & Space, Technology, Sourcing, Ethical Trade, Supply Chain and Procurement to optimise processing efficiency and manage compliance
- Work with our third-party providers to ensure relevant daily operational interfaces are working as scheduled and transactions are processed in accordance with our policies and procedures
- Create, validate and maintain business process documentation
- Be aware of and adhere to relevant period end processing and reporting schedules
- Participation in projects, testing of new functionality on IT systems, validation of master data, reporting and other ad hoc duties as the business requires.
- Review and participate in System Testing, System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Cross-train other team members to avoid key-person dependencies
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in using Oracle Financials and Oracle Retail would be beneficial
- Good SQL and Alteryx skills to take on investigative activities in conjunction with our support partners. Use these skills to add additional reconciliation and validation checks where required
- Tableau skills to create dashboards presenting data reconciliation outputs
- Knowledge of the Oracle Financials and Oracle Retail database schemas is an advantage
- Diploma/degree standard of education preferably in a Finance related discipline and/or an interest in pursuing same
- Highest level of attention to detail is required
- Office skills using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential
Other desirable experience/awareness includes:
- Experience of and participation in the rollout of large projects or enterprise-wide programmes of work
- Be familiar with working in a controlled environment and be comfortable with your work being audited by both internal and external audit teams
- A minimum of five years industry experience is required
- At least two of those years should have been spent working in a Data Management role
- At least two of those years should have spent working with a large organisation
- Experience in Master Data Management and an understanding of Data Governance principles
- Exposure to how purchasing and costing works e.g. in a retail, FMCG or manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills – with a proactive curious mind and a desire for continuous learning and development
- A flexible approach to work and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use own initiative
- Be proactive & assertive in reacting to key business requirements in a timely manner
At Primark, we know how hard everyone works to achieve our business goals. Having a competitive salary and annual bonus scheme is our way of acknowledging this. We'll also provide you with a progressive career path, because clear advancement is what we’re all about at Primark
Our flexible working benefit, Your Day Your Way, means you get to choose when to start and finish your workday. Choose to work remotely if you like, in a way that suits you but also helps us get the most out of your talents.
There’s a lively culture here, and it’s easy to get to know each other in a truly warm atmosphere.