Reports To: Country Visual Merchandising Manager (ROI & NI)
Team: Visual Merchandising
Job-Type: Full-time, Permanent
A talented and experienced Area Visual Merchandising Manager to join our ROI & NI Visual Merchandising team. This is an excellent opportunity for somebody who is passionate about Retail, has a flair for fashion and believes in the power of effective visual merchandising. Reporting to the Country Visual Merchandising Manager, the Area Visual Merchandising Manager will be responsible for driving the delivery of visual merchandising principles and excellent standards in order to maximize sales within their assigned area/stores.
- Work in partnership with the Country Visual Merchandising Manager and stores across appointed area, drive consistency across windows & campaigns ensuring implemented to guidelines.
- Play a key role in managing the new store opening process – ensuring the latest VM thinking is implemented. Provide onsite VM expertise for new stores, refits, refreshers and rollouts offering regular support once up and trading. Responsible for driving the delivery of excellent standards in new stores as part of our growing US retail network.
- Coaching and developing in-store teams on all elements of visual merchandising and product presentation, ensuring that product delivery is commercial and on-brand.
- Identify merchandising opportunities that will drive sales.
- Collate Best Practice information to share with wider business regarding campaigns and product launches and to provide valuable feedback to stores across the area.
- Build and maintain positive relationships within teams and across Primark to establish personal credibility, approachability and trust.
- Builds and maintains a strong relationship with Area Managers and works closely with store teams to maximize sales by delivering product in a commercial and exciting way.
- Hands-on coaching and facilitation of shop floor workshops on merchandising principles, styling and trend. Coach and develop the in-store management and visual merchandising teams.
- Develop store visual teams to support in the deliverance of company visual merchandising principles.
- Work with the store teams to share Best Practice photographs to support the latest style guide. Provides feedback and supports to showcase “what good looks like”.
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative ways of working with Area Managers as key stakeholders.
- Motivate and drive store teams to deliver excellent visual merchandising standards.
- Communicate effectively both cross functionally and within the team to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Supports the Country VM Manager in the recruitment and development of visual merchandising talent.
- Communicate effectively with all levels to build and develop relationships.
- Gather information through store visits and liaise with Country Visual Merchandising Manager to improve communication methods.
- Regular conference calls and information-sharing with VM colleagues to discuss campaign launches and expectations for the region. Share Best Practice, give feedback, listen, and offer expert advice on ideas.
- Ensure regular communication with Retail colleagues and share any relevant updates or changes.
- Responsible for the overall management and implementation of campaigns and promotions within the area.
- Work with colleagues across the region to ensure that campaigns are commercial, relevant and appropriate to the market.
- Maximize any investment in campaigns and promotions. Manage costs and ensure that value is being delivered.
- Create exciting commercial and visual store displays based on the latest trends and brand principles.
- Maintain excellent product lead windows within your area.
- Manage the store opening process for new stores and re-fits in your area. Including mannequin and equipment orders, arranging POS orders, arranging the visual support team and managing the set up.
- Execute plans to drive sales growth.
- Seek out and share internal opportunities to maximize sales.
- Review money mapping for all stores in your area.
- Share sales with regional teams.
- Monitor competitors merchandising, advertising, price and promotions.
- Expert Visual Merchandising skills, with experience in leading a Visual Merchandising team and setting direction for in-store teams.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with and influence a variety of key internal stakeholders.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with wider Retail teams.
- Understanding of the latest Visual Merchandising trends and developments, stays close to industry and competitor activity.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and driven and easily able to adapt in a changing environment.
- Clean driving license
- 5+ years’ experience in Visual Merchandising, 2+ of which are at Supervisor or Manager level.
- Proven experience working in Fashion Retail, in a fast-paced, fast-growing retail environment.
- Experience working across a large store network, in several geographical locations.
- Experience successfully managing a team or supervising junior colleagues.