The BI & Analytics Business Analyst will be responsible for understanding business processes, data & data flows, technical architecture and analysing the Business needs of internal clients and stakeholders.
This position requires an ability to recognise business problems and propose solutions from a BI & Analytics perspective that enable the organisation to achieve its goals.
Reports to: BI Manager (Dublin)
Duration: 12 month FTC
- Responsible for understanding design & maintenance of our existing Enterprise Analytics Platform (EAP) (whole solution / all layers) and implementation of new applications and enhancements.
- Develop effective working relationships across Primark including key stakeholders and external service providers.
- Work with information gathered from multiple sources, be able to evaluate true business requirement from user request, ensure that proposed solution is reconciled with all business inputs, and resolve business conflicts as required.
- Work with and challenge business units on their assumptions to help deliver solutions for their current and future needs.
- Participate in addressing data queries and issues including management of support incidents where necessary.
- Carry out high level and/or detailed technical evaluation of business system requirements.
- Detailed involvement in the development and implementation of internal and external projects (ie. managed by external suppliers or business partners). Key responsibilities will include:
- assessing any impact on Enterprise Analytics Platform, technical infrastructure and business processes
- ensuring that any changes required to the EAP or interfaces are agreed with all parties, scheduled accordingly and completed within the required timeframe
- carrying out effective ‘end to end’ testing including performance or user testing as required
- participation in the implementation process
- documentation including but not limited to BRD’s, technical specifications, test plans
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
- Minimum 3 years experience in related field.
- Previous retail experience desired but not essential
- Knowledge of or previous experience in analytics and BI platforms e.g. Teradata, Alteryx, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, IBM Cognos, SQL Server
- Demonstrate experience of gathering requirements and converting them into a product vision.
- Show experience of project management role and an understanding of PMO requirements.
- Have strong analytical skills to interpret customer needs and translate into application and operational requirements.
- Experience delivering solutions with third parties
- Demonstrate an understanding of the requirements for integrations and data transformation in a complex environment
- Experience testing solutions across multiple systems
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have a solid technical and support background combined with the ability to understand business requirements and accurately assess any impact on existing systems and processes
- Ability to work alongside senior management at all levels within the organisation including Technology, the business and external service providers / business partners.
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal) – need to communicate at all levels