Purpose of role: The Business Analyst will be responsible for understanding business processes and applications, analysing the business needs of internal clients and stakeholders to help identify business problems and propose application solutions in a fast-paced retail environment.
Essential to the role is an ability to understand business processes, gather requirements and translate them into a model that will allow the organisation to achieve its goals. The Business Analyst will work closely with the business, partners and internal ICT stakeholders.
The role requires strong analytical and communication skills, to ensure effective engagement with a diverse stakeholder group.
Reports to: Programme Manager
Location:Dublin or Reading
- Develop a strong understanding of our existing system and application landscape as a building block for future solutions.
- Work with internal and external teams to help shape the landscape and solutions that will allow the business to achieve its strategic goals.
- Using interviews, workshops, documentation reviews, business analysis and business process evaluations, gather business requirements.
- Work with and challenge business units on their assumptions to help deliver solutions for their current and future needs.
- Work with information gathered from multiple sources, be able to evaluate true business requirement from user request, ensure that proposed solution is reconciled with all business inputs, and resolve business conflicts as required.
- Be able to draw requirements together into Business Requirement and Requirement Traceability Matrix documents covering both functional and non-functional business requirements
- Creation of the above documents using existing templates, making use of diagrams, process flows and scenarios so that the resulting document will be meaningful to the intended users.
- Have the ability to work in a team, collaborating on different aspects of the projects, ensuring that the objectives of all components are aligned and that delivered solution will work as an end to end process.
- Work on a variety of projects simultaneously
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
- Experience of working with retail systems is advantageous.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Business Analyst within project teams.
- Efficient in the use of Microsoft Visio
- Ability to draw up as-is processes and eventually the “To-Be”
- Demonstrate experience of gathering requirements and converting them into a product vision.
- Experience working within a waterfall methodology.
- Have strong analytical skills to interpret customer needs and translate into application and operational requirements.
- Possess the ability to work with external stakeholders, business stakeholders and IT colleagues to build strong business and technical requirements and business processes.
- Experience testing solutions across multiple systems
- Have strong communications skills (written and verbal) – need to communicate at all levels within ICT, the business and external service providers / business partners
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency