The IT Business Analyst will be responsible for understanding business processes and applications, analysing the business needs of internal clients and stakeholders to help identify business problems and propose application solutions. It requires an ability to understand business processes, gather requirements and translate them into a model that will allow the organisation to achieve its goals.
Reports to: Programme Manager
Location: Dublin or Reading
- Develop a strong understanding of our existing system and application landscape as a building block for future solutions.
- Work with an internal and external teams to help shape the landscape and solutions that will allow the business to achieve its strategic goals.
- Using interviews, workshops, documentation reviews, business analysis and business process evaluations, gather business requirements.
- Work with and challenge business units on their assumptions to help deliver solutions for their current and future needs.
- Take on the project management of programme work streams through to successful implementation, when required.
- Work with information gathered from multiple sources, be able to evaluate true business requirement from user request, ensure that proposed solution is reconciled with all business inputs, and resolve business conflicts as required.
- Be able to draw requirements together into Functional Requirements Documents using existing templates, making use of diagrams, process flows and scenarios so that the resulting document will be meaningful to the intended users.
- Collaborate with other team members on different aspects of the projects, ensuring that the objectives of all components are aligned and that delivered solution will work as an end to end process.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives in parallel.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in related field.
- IT experience in communications applications
- Demonstrate experience of gathering requirements and converting them into a product vision.
- Show experience of project management role and an understanding of PMO requirements.
- Have strong analytical skills to interpret customer needs and translate into application and operational requirements.
- Possess the ability to work alongside senior management at all levels within IT, the business and external service providers / business partners.
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Experience delivering solutions with third parties
- Demonstrate an understanding of the requirements for integrations and data transformation in a complex environment
- Experience testing solutions across multiple systems
- Strong communication skills.
At Primark, we know how hard everyone works to achieve our business goals and our competitive salary rewards this. We offer flexible working which is our way of helping you achieve more. We'll also provide you with a progressive career path, because clear advancement is what we’re all about at Primark. We’re always open when talking about your development and we offer plenty of training – whether it’s inhouse or sending you on courses.
We’re big believers in rewarding hard work, which is easier to achieve with our teams being so close and forever willing to help out.
Can you lead the way in our internal technology efforts? If you’re invested in thinking through and solving the IT challenges of tomorrow, this is the role for you. Join us as a Business Analyst.