Purpose of role: The main purpose is to lead and drive all aspects of cost management within the ICT Department. This will include leading and managing all cost optimisation initiatives across the department, leading the annual budget planning and quarterly forecasting, and ensuring all financial targets are met.
The role is also responsible for leading a team and ensuring that we are adhering to company governance framework in relation to financial management.
Reports to: Commercial & Governance ManagerKey Responsibilities:
- Own and manage the cost optimisation agenda on behalf of the Technology Dept, ensuring initiatives are in place to deliver on targets tracking them through from inception through to delivery.
- Partner with cost centre owners across the dept to develop and deliver on commercial targets set at company and dept level.
- Ensure the vendor management strategy is delivered and continuously developed.
- Accountable for recruitment and people development within your team.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Technology Dept comply with all Primark and ABF Governance policies including Capital and Project Spend, Professional fees, Procurement rules.
- Lead and be accountable for the budget planning between all areas of ICT, Finance and other key areas, ensuring we budget and forecast appropriately.
- Ensure that projects are carried out within the threshold of their approved budget highlighting any risks of overspend to the Commercial & Governance Manager.
- Conduct regular cost reviews with Portfolio and Project Managers to ensure costs are being tightly governed.
- Act as the internal QA for IT business cases ensuring costs and benefits are appropriately captured in the IT budgeting process where relevant.
- Maintain the ICT Department Risk register, co-ordinate inputs for the Business Risk Committee, Financial Control Framework Questionnaire.
- Act as the escalation point for Financial administration requirements/queries including centralised Purchase Order and Vendor account management.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience within a large, multinational corporation
- Outstanding collaboration and partnership capabilities with the ability to build trust and relationships up-and-down the organisation
- Good people leadership experience required
- Strong Financial management experience essential
- Vendor and contract management experience
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve technical issues
- Retailing experience also desirable, but not critical.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise multiple objectives simultaneously whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to drive & collaborate with senior executives, initiative owners, execution partners (e.g., technology, finance, customer service, marketing, product management and external partners)
- Possess broad business acumen in addition to the theoretical and practical application of financial management practices.
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team.
- Demonstrate outstanding collaboration and communication skills and the ability to influence others without control.
- Have a high level of customer-centricity
- Have a proven ability to operate within a highly pressurised & fast paced environment
- Consistently delivered results and achieved corporate/departmental goals within the agreed parameters
- Have the ability to work flexible hours and travel within Europe and further afield as required.