Purpose of role:
The Contract & Vendor Management Analyst will support the Contract and Vendor Manager to ensure that key ICT service providers (a) deliver in accordance with their contractual obligations and (b) are developed in line with Primark strategic goals and vendor management framework.
The role will work with key stakeholder groups to ensure that Primark derives ongoing value and optimum service levels from new ICT contracts & renewals.
The Analyst will support the expansion of the ICT vendor governance framework to all key vendors.
Reports to: ICT Contract & Vendor Manager
- Active engagement between ICT department, business partners, procurement and service providers ensuring an aligned approach for successful ICT contractual outcomes.
- Working with key stakeholders across ICT, Procurement and Legal, the Contract and Vendor Management Analyst will provide guidance and support in the contract renewal/RFP process and will support as required the end to end cycle to contract signature, ensuring that all necessary contractual arrangements and service level agreements are successfully constructed.
- Work in close partnership with all ICT areas and IT programmes to ensure we have contracts aligned to our goal and the appropriate vendor governance framework is in place for all project/support ICT activity.
- Manage and maintain an annual contract renewal schedule & tracker for all ICT vendors.
- Identify opportunities for costs savings and work with the internal stakeholders to get buy-in to savings targets and deliver and report against cost savings.
- Contract management - understanding the contract and then enforcing and adhering to the applicable contract mechanisms as necessary - Manage and control the commercial baseline for the engagement, including accurate and complete processing of changes in line with procurement guidelines.
- Monitoring and managing performance against key contractual requirements, activities, KPI / SLA, quality, deliverables, milestones and project plans. This includes Primark’s performance against its contractual obligations.
- Provide support and guidance to ICT Stakeholders on interpretation of contractual service deliverables and obligations.
- Vendor management framework - support the rollout of the ICT vendor governance framework to all key vendors. Ensure that all vendors currently included in the framework actively participating and providing the monthly SLA and financial reporting
- Manage the monthly and quarterly vendor balanced scorecard process for key vendors.
- Proactive engagement with the Procurement function - working with the team to implement strategic initiatives (including anticipating future growth plans), commit and deliver to agreed objectives including saving targets with appropriate monitoring/reporting
- 3rd level qualification or equivalent relevant industry experience.
- 3+years at a Senior Contract Management & Vendor Analyst level (ICT focused)
- Proven experience of working within a fast-paced organisation (ideally with cross functional and European multi-site locations)
- Proven track record of developing strategic and maintaining partnerships with key vendors and stakeholders
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment, high results driven environment with a focus on high standards and value-for-money.
- Strong IT delivery methods experience
- Commercial acumen with ability to balance technical delivery and commercial benefits
- Proven IT contract development and management skills
- Ability to maintain focus and confidence in the face of difficult/complex contract negotiations, tight deadlines and fast pace
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and recommend on risk at strategic level
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into key process and performance measures.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Relationship builder - internally & externally
- Ability to influence people at all levels - internally & externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills