Purpose of role: Responsible for all aspects of corporate tax for the Primark Group
Reports to: Corporate Tax and Transfer Pricing Senior Manager, Primark
- Identifying process optimisation opportunities to ensure tax processes are both efficient and compliant
- Responsibility for tax compliance and internal reporting
- Supporting the Senior Tax Manager on tax enquiries and audits
- Representing Tax in cross-functional forums and developing good relationships across the business
- Advising and influencing senior stakeholders on the commercial impact of any tax law changes
- Contributing to the development of the wider team through training and hands-on coaching
- Monitoring compliance with transfer pricing agreements
- Reviewing relevant transactions, contracts and new business practices from a tax perspective
- Involvement in multiple ad hoc projects
- Liaising with external advisors and managing relevant budgets
- Working with the wider Tax team to ensure consistency of approach for any inter-company transactions
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Big 4 trained with minimum of 3 years’ PQE in Tax.
- Proven experience in Accounting and Tax, industry experience an advantage.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust