Purpose of role: To manage the day to day customs declaration process for a specific customs territory
Reports to: Customs Manager
Location: Dublin Head Office
- To ensure all import declarations are submitted by the government driven deadline in their particular country of responsibility
- Ensure all data is present to enable an import declaration to be submitted
- Ensure any preference certificates or statements of origin are present to enable Primark to take advantage of the lower rates of duty offered through one of the European Unions preference agreements
- Working with the Customs Compliance and Audit team, ensure all regulatory certification requirements for that jurisdiction have been completed to allow the import declaration to be submitted in a timely manner e.g PDD, CITES, ADD etc
- Run missing data reports daily
- Run missing documents reports daily
- Liaise with B&M, Suppliers, Freight Managers etc to follow up on any missing data or documents to ensure they are obtained in a timely manner
- If preference certificates are not available at the time of declaration liaise with the Customs Operations Team Leader to make a decision on whether to pay full duty
- Run a preference eligibility report weekly to identify any declarations that should have claimed preference but had to pay full duty and pass to the Customs Compliance and Audit team to follow up
- To prepare and submit the declaration message using MIC Cust and manage any credibility or plausibility check errors that are returned from the government systems, investigate, correct and re-submit
- Manage acceptance messages returning from the relevant Customs authority and liaise with them if missing messages are identified
- As part of the ICT process, once documents have been prepared, create and submit Export declarations vis MIC NES system
- Liaise with relevant Customs authority in the first instance and then with the inbound destination team to position containers in the depot where physical inspection has been requested by the Customs authorities
- Once the Export declaration has been accepted, forward a copy of the Export Accompanying Document to the relevant Deport despatch team to allow the goods to depart for the port.
- Become competent with the use of the New Community transit System (NCTS), opening a transit movement and closing a transit movement which allows Primark to move goods across territories under a guarantee without actualising duty and Import VAT until it reaches its final destination
- Run a guarantee report daily to ensure Primark have sufficient funds for Duty payment and alert the Customs Operations Team Leader if action is required
- Any ad-hoc project work as and when required
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to work under own initiative and make decisions.
- Ability to influence others
- Some knowledge of customs operations is desirable but not essential
- Good Excel skills and good experience of other Microsoft Office programmes, for example, PowerPoint, Access, Word, etc.
- Experience of SIV and TariffTel
- Be a good communicator
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Good team player
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Open to change and new ideas.
- Good attention to detail, articulate and analytical
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable.