Reports to: Customs Administration Team Manager
Based: Arthur Ryan House, Dublin
Role Type: Fixed Term Contract – 1 year
Purpose of Role
To liaise between suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure all products have been classified and allocated a commodity code for customs purposes. Also to ensure any regulatory documentary customs requirements related to the commodity code and country of destination are satisfied. To then forward to the relevant customs broker any documentary requirements to allow import declarations to be made to the UK and EU authorities in a timely manner and ensuring that movements of goods between the two blocs are as smooth as possible.
- Liaise with Buying Merchandising and Design (BMD) in relation to product details
- Liaise with Suppliers to ensure timely completion of TariffTel and any subsequent queries that may arise
- Liaise with Suppliers to enable completion and validation of TariffTel where there is an IBT not previously classified.
- Liaise with Quality Assurance and Suppliers to obtain any product details and/or certificates that may be required e.g. polyamide and melamine testing certificate
- Submit as required any applications to port health or other government agencies at the border and liaise with those external parties
- To maintain TariffTel EU, including Q&A functionality, for suppliers and service providers. To undertake new supplier set up on TariffTel and to maintain supplier master data on SIV for the online invoicing process in so far as movements between the UK and EU are concerned.
- Liaise with the Import Export Co-ordinators and the nominated Customs Brokers to ensure all certificate requirements are in place in a timely manner and before the customs clearance of the goods
- To create and run reports to ensure compliance with key milestones and triggers in relation to timely submission of data to TariffTel
- To track certificates and other regulatory document requirements required for export and import declarations and ensure all are obtained in a timely manner
- Experience using Microsoft Office programmes, eg Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Experience of working in a customs/supply chain role desirable
- Experience of a track and trace system desirable.
- Ability to communicate with others both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work in a team and on own initiative.
- Good decision maker.
- Ability to solve problems and think outside the box.
- Openness to change
- Good listener with an ability to extract key information
- Attention to detail
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Be able to engage with people around them and take direction as required
- Flexible and Adaptable