Purpose of role: The mission for the Data & Analytics team is toenable and empower our partners across the business to use highimpact data & analytics tools, technologies, and methodologies todrive business insights & improve business outcomes.
As a Data Analyst, your key area of focus will be to identify trends, patterns, and insights from structured and unstructured data sources. With direction from your Data & Analytics Business Partner, you will be responsible for generating actionable insights via a range of self-service / on-demand reporting solutions and communicating outcomes to business teams. You will be required to translate complex results into simple conclusions that will empower the business to act.
Reports to: Data & Analytics Business Partner (Location: Dublin – Ireland)
Delivery of Data & Analytics Products
- Work with business stakeholders to establish data and analytics business requirements.
- Collect, interpret and analyse structured and unstructured data to deliver data driven insight to support strategic business decision-making.
- Extract, transform and load required business datasets.
- Profile and cleanse business datasets prior to data analysis work.
- Communicate any identified data quality issues to data governance team.
- Plan, design & develop dashboards, data visualisations and storyboards.
- Collaborate with the wider Data & Analytics team to deliver Data & Analytics products & services that deliver a high business impact.
Communication of Actionable Insights
- Take strategic direction from Data & Analytics Business Partner.
- Communicate actionable insights to business teams.
Contributing to the Data & Analytics Community
- Support the development of Data & Analytics skills and knowledge of spoke community members.
- Promote cross functional ways of working in support of Data & Analytics initiatives ensuring adherence to standards and leading practices.
- Encourage business user adoption of Data & Analytics products within your business domain.
- Keep abreast of developments and trends in data analysis techniques and tools.
Essential knowledge, skills, and experience:
- A Bachelor or master’s degree in a quantitative field (Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, Economics, Statistics, Analytics, Management/Business Information Systems (or related degree))
- 4+ years of demonstrable experience as a data analyst or similar role
- Advanced SQL skills and experience working with data from multiple sources
- Knowledge of analytics and BI Platforms (e.e. Alteryx, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, IBM Cognos)
- Data Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) skills are essential
- Experience with at least one programming language other than SQL e.g., Python, R
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- The capacity to conduct data quality control and validation
- A knack for providing clear data visualisations
- Experience of data analysis techniques and statistical methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate, influence and coach others
- Ability to question and challenge ensuring we are continuously improving our processes and measuring the right data
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact, and professionalism
- Strong standout colleague with a focus on delivering a best-in-class service to our business partners
- Energetic and enjoys working with diverse partners across Primark