Purpose of role:
To co-ordinate and support the Head of EHS to ensure the team and EHS department operates smoothly across all regions.
To provide comprehensive administration support to ensure the co-ordination of regular meetings with EHS team members, director generals, regional controllers, area managers and other heads of departments as required across all ten regions.
The EHS Administrator serves as a liaison to the EHS Regional and Country Managers in each jurisdiction; organizes and outreaches between the regions and the Head Of and maintains these external relationships and oversees special projects as required.
To co-ordinate fully and remind each team member appropriately to ensure the receipt of the weekly report, accident reports, follow up on email requests, schedule and co-ordinate the weekly calls and EHS team meetings.
Assists with monthly reporting on actual costs versus budget as needed and develop regular reporting and analysis for the department, highlight any discrepancies and assist with a resolution.
Supports the Head in meetings with regards to the preparation including; audio-visual set up, take minutes as required, type, format, distribute, follow up actions & provide meeting agenda as agreed.
Manages the 'safety inbox' on a daily basis to ensure all queries received into this inbox are distributed to the appropriate manager on the team for action. Updates and manages any database or spread sheet as required to assist the Head of EHS monitoring KPI's for the business.
Works closely and effectively with the Head to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "weatherglass," having a sense for the issues taking place in the EHS Team and keeping the Head updated.
Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Head of EHS including; managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; raising purchase orders, composing and preparing reports & correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
Provide secretariat support to the Primark EHS Steering Committee.
Assist with gathering data on enforcement authority visits to stores, fines and customer accidents.
Arrange supplies of contractor and visitor sign in books for stores and head office.
Assist with the preparation of EHS budgets and communication to EHS country managers
Contribute to EHS objectives and gain enhanced knowledge of EHS activities, documentation and training activities
Any other administrative related duties as require by the Head of EHS in support of their function.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- The EHS Administrator must be a self-starter and enjoy working within a small, fast paced environment that is mission-driven, EHS focused and commercially oriented.
- The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- The EHS Administrator will have the ability to work independently on tasks or projects, from conception to completion, must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills in order to establish credibility with colleagues and senior management and to foster effective working relations with a wide range of senior internal and external contacts;
- Exceptional influencing and persuading skills with the ability to adopt different approaches and styles of influencing depending on the circumstances.
- An effective communicator with the ability to deliver complex messages in a clear and appropriate manner.
- Results orientated with a strong focus on the delivery of objectives, including an ability to provide creative and innovative solutions based on a sound understanding of business requirements.
The ideal individual will:
- Background in EHS desirable
- Provide effective verbal and written communication as part of this role
- Systematic approach with good attention to detail.
- Languages: Must be fluent in English. (Other European languages an advantage but not essential)
- Excellent PC skills, proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power point and Excel.
- Interest in continuous improvement and use of new systems or processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, persuasion and perseverance.
- Solid organisational skills, analytical ability and communication flair.
- Self-motivated with the ability to enthuse and interact with multi-cultural teams and management.
- Be skilled at supporting an executive structure.