Purpose of role:This a key role in the Technology Finance team, responsible for owning the financial management of projects and conducting regular reviews to support the Portfolio and Project Managers with effective cost reporting.
The role will involve evolving the maturity of our financial reporting within the function in order to deliver the best possible service to stakeholders within the Technology Dept and to External Stakeholders including the Transformation Office, CFO and full Leadership Team
The role will also play an active part in supporting the annual budget planning and quarterly forecasting, ensuring all financial targets are met and coordinating the cost optimisation initiatives across the department.
Duration: 12 month fixed term contract
- Owning the analysis and distribution of periodic financial reporting for project portfolios
- Management of all project financial reporting including but not limited to;
- Review of actual spend vs approved budgets
- Review of project burndown rates vs project timelines
- Distribution of financial reports and highlighting any key variances
- Responsible for the capital reforecasting process and manging the review process with project teams
- Working with Portfolio & Project Managers to ensure projects are carried out within approved budget and highlighting any risks of overspend to the Commercial Business Partner
- Training new starters on project forecasting and financial reviews of Planview financial data
- Proactively suggest and work on procedures and process improvements to enhance financial reporting & cost control
- BI Analytics – enable automation and investigate how to maximise our existing reporting tools
- Responsible for budget planning across all areas of Technology ensuring we budget and forecast appropriately
- Managing regular cost reviews to ensure costs are being tightly governed and put controls in place to mitigate for any potential risks
- Facilitate quarterly re-forecasting of each cost centre and ensure that any challenges or opportunities are shared with the Technology leadership team and Commercial Business Partner
- Provide cover for Technology Finance team queries and responsibilities when required, e.g. centralised Purchase Order and Vendor account management.
- Ad Hoc projects as they arise
- Commercial Business Partner
- Technology Leadership Team
- Portfolio Managers
- Project Managers
- Financial Reporting
- F, P & A team
Essential knowledge, education, skills and experience:
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA (0-1 PQE)
- Big4/Top 10 professional services experience highly desirable
- Strong reporting and analytical skills with a proven track-record in this area
- Delivers presentations to senior management with confidence
- Be a highly motivated self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Strong relationship-builder with proven record of managing stakeholders at all levels
- Highly computer literate, experience with ERP systems and Microsoft packages
- Detail-oriented with a quality focus
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Commercial awareness, Financial Analysis, Forecasting, Budgeting, Cash Flow, Accounting concepts
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others