The Financial Operations team is responsible for supplier invoice processing, payments and other financial transactional processes. This role will be part of a team with responsibility for one or more of these processes and associated supplier and business engagement. Our team in Financial Operations is customer service focused, striving to achieve best in practice in providing support to our internal and external customers. The ideal candidate for this role will enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional manner at al times. They will strive on change within a culture of continuous improvement. This role is based in Primark Head Office in Dublin.
What the role will involve:
- Reviewing invoice and payment status using Softco S10 P2P solution and Oracle Financial Systems
- Managing and clearing Debit balance reconciliations across multiple entities and accounts, collaborating and working with various departments to resolve
- Working closely with suppliers in key business areas of the business
- Completing supplier reconciliations and the resolution of open items. Working with multiple teams to investigate and resolve aged items on our balance sheet
- Coordination of urgent payments requests from the business and ensuring business needs are met
- Managing and clearing AP bank reconciling items in across multiple entities and accounts
- Ensuring payments are processed and signed off adhering tight deadlines
- Supporting and working closely with our Payments and Accounts Payable Teams in investigating and correcting payment queries
- Work with our highly experienced teams to ensure all transactions are processed in accordance with our policies and procedures and all our inventory & reconciliation processes are completed in line with business requirements
- Work closely with the business to maximise processing efficiency
- Work with our vendors and Sourcing and Procurement functions to maximise processing efficiency and manage compliance
- Deliver a high level of customer service to our vendors and business partners
- Work with our 3rd party providers to ensure daily operational interfaces are working as scheduled
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders of Financial Operations
- Adhere to period end processing and reporting schedules
- Engage in continuous process quality improvement and enhanced customer service in line with targets and metrics.
- Knowledge of Oracle. Other systems experience is also desirable e.g. experience of P2P systems, Xmpro, B4B, access on line, etc.
- Participation in projects, testing of new functionality on IT systems, validation of vendor master data, period end processing and reporting and other ad hoc duties as the business requires.
What we're looking for:
Excellent English both oral and written with additional language a plus
Diploma/degree standard of education preferably in a business/administration related discipline and/or an interest in pursuing same
Experience in a similar role in a shared service environment is highly desirable
Highest level of attention to detail is required
Other desirable experience/awareness in a retail environment includes:
Knowledge of letters of credit and forward collection payment arrangements
Commission, Inspection and supplier claims processes
Knowledge of customs & duty processes
Knowledge of reprocessing and supplier returns
Understanding the supply chain and its touch points with Financial Operations
Understanding of Buying & Merchandising and its touch points with Financial Operations
IT skills to include MS Word, Excel , Outlook, and PowerPoint are essential
Strong interpersonal skills – with a proactive curious mind and a desire for continuous learning and development
A flexible approach to work and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
Ability to use own initiative
Be proactive & assertive in reacting to key business requirements in a timely manner
Why work with us?
There’s the competitive salary, of course. But our team in Dublin covers many different countries, giving you the opportunity to work with colleagues from all over the world. Our people make our brand which means more responsibility, and the freedom and space to grow and do things their way. And we have an amazing programme of structured learning and development to help with that, covering everything from mindfulness sessions to developing your presenting skills. What’s more, you’ll also be part of a busy, friendly work environment.