Reports to: Financial Operations Finance Support Team Lead
Purpose of the role
The Financial Operations team is responsible for supplier invoice processing, payments and other financial transactional processes. This role will be part of a team with responsibility for one or more of these processes and associated supplier and business engagement.
This role is based in Primark Head Office in Dublin.
Roles & Responsibilities
Key operational tasks will include:
- Reviewing invoice and payment status using Softco S10 P2P solution and Oracle Financial Systems
- Managing and clearing Debit balance reconciliations across multiple entities and accounts, collaborating and working with various departments to resolve
- Working closely with suppliers in key business areas of the business
- Completing supplier reconciliations and the resolution of open items. Working with multiple teams to investigate and resolve aged items on our balance sheet
- Coordination of urgent payments requests from the business and ensuring business needs are met
- Supporting and working closely with our Payments and Accounts Payable Teams in investigating and correcting payment queries
- Work with our highly experienced teams to ensure all transactions are processed in accordance with our policies and procedures and all our inventory & reconciliation processes are completed in line with business requirements
- Work closely with the business to maximise processing efficiency
- Deliver a high level of customer service to our vendors and business partners
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders of Financial Operations
- Adhere to period end processing and reporting schedules
- Engage in continuous process quality improvement and enhanced customer service in line with targets and metrics.
- Knowledge of Oracle. Other systems experience is also desirable e.g. experience of P2P systems, Xmpro, B4B, access on line, etc.
- Participation in projects, testing of new functionality on IT systems, validation of vendor master data, period end processing and reporting and other ad hoc duties as the business requires.
Knowledge, skills experience:
- Excellent English both oral and written with additional language a plus
- Diploma/degree standard of education preferably in a business/administration related discipline and/or an interest in pursuing same
- Experience in a similar role in a shared service environment is highly desirable
- Highest level of attention to detail is required
- Knowledge of letters of credit and forward collection payment arrangements
- Knowledge of customs & duty processes
- Knowledge of reprocessing and supplier returns
- IT skills to include MS Word, Excel , Outlook, and PowerPoint are essential
- Strong interpersonal skills – with a proactive curious mind and a desire for continuous learning and development
- A flexible approach to work and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to use own initiative
- Be proactive & assertive in reacting to key business requirements in a timely manner
The ideal individual will:
Our team in Financial Operations is customer service focused, striving to achieve best in practice in providing support to our internal and external customers. The ideal candidate for this role will enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional manner at al times. He/She will strive on change within a culture of continuous improvement.