We’re proud of being at the forefront of cutting-edge fashion and trends – but it takes strategic planning and accounting acumen to make it all possible. As one of the select few Financial Business Partners at Primark, you’ll help lead an organization that customers count on for the most amazing shopping experiences. This is an exciting role – one in which you’ll be empowered to collaborate with many senior leaders and deliver unprecedented financial success.
Act as a lead financial partner.
Working side by side with key business stakeholders, you’ll design and deliver value at a strategic and operational level.
You’ll use your strong commercial and financial acumen to quickly assimilate implications of our performance.
Bring new ideas to the business.
With your self-motivation and ability to be comfortable in a highly autonomous role, you’ll be
empowered to solve issues and shape business strategy. It’s an opportunity for you to think
creatively, taking calculated risks to grow.
You’ll do this by focusing on heads-up, forward looking activities that maximise opportunity.
Using analytics and insights, you’ll devise strategies for commercial business growth.
Use your deep business and commercial understanding.
This is how you can enable, challenge and influence strategic/business plans, as well as identify
areas of risk. Your strong track record of partnering with a senior-level client base will help you succeed.
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Likely to be a qualified accountant and/or MBA with 5+ years progressive experience working in a strategic or finance, commercially focused role, in a consulting practice or industry.
- High level of commercial and financial acumen with the ability to formulate and clearly communicate analysis, insight and recommendations for future strategies
- Has worked in a fast-paced finance team, preferable in retail/FMCG
- Action orientated with the ability to identify and drive opportunities for growth, working cross functionally, not just identifying a problem or solution but making the change
- Strong work ethic and very comfortable working in an ‘unstructured’, consultative setting, with a focus on value creation
Why work with us?
At Primark, we know how hard everyone works to achieve our business goals and our competitive salary rewards this. We offer flexible working which is our way of helping you achieve more. We'll also provide you with a progressive career path, because clear advancement is what we’re all about at Primark. We’re always open when talking about your development and we offer plenty of training – whether it’s inhouse or sending you on courses.
We’re big believers in rewarding hard work, which is easier to achieve with our teams being so close and forever willing to help out.