Purpose of role:
The Finance Operations Team is responsible for Primark’s financial transactional activities including invoice processing and supplier payments. The Finance Support Team Lead will have overall responsibility for leading the support to our colleagues in both Finance Operations and the wider business with vendor and payments related queries, co-ordinating system and process training, and ensuring the appropriate levels of internal controls are in place through managing overpayment reviews, debit balance checks and vendor reconciliations.
Reports to: Finance Operations Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the operations of the Finance Support team including day to day organisation of the work of the team and subject matter expert on all activities and processes
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with internal customers, suppliers and partners
- Participate in process improvement reviews and undertake root cause analysis to reduce exceptions in the process
- Responsible for all department reporting and have an understanding of the P2P process and striving to apply best P2P practices across the business
- Offering support for Primark requistioner’s and approvers throughout the P2P process and training when required.
- Vendor Reconciliations: Responsible for meeting our reporting requirements ensuring that reconciliations are complete monthly
- Ensuring overpayments ae closed off in a timely manner by working with the payments and accounts payable teams
- Responsible in resolving audit queries, capable of prioritising both internal and external audit queries
- Facilitate the continuous development of significant strategic system implementations
- Drive continuous process improvement
- Establish KPI and other performance measures appropriate to area of responsibility
- Liaise when necessary with internal and external auditors.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining internal controls in line with company policy
- Review of current control procedures to ensure best practice is maintained and documented.
- Assist the Finance Operations Manager in developing career planning sessions with team members including coaching and development
- Supporting and developing our people in terms of recruitment, training and development of new team members
- Capable of delegating tasks and setting deadlines for your immediate team, whilst closely monitoring team performance
- Develop team structure and roles with appropriate training
- Month end assistance with general accounting requirements.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a team lead role within a high volume environment
- Team motivation and leadership skills required.
- Qualified or part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA is an advantage
- In depth knowledge of Purchase to Pay process an advantage
- Capability to facilitate Urgent / Onetime payment Requests and conduct monthly review of our debit/credit balances
- Experience to assist the business with the resolution of Invoicing and payment queries
- Customer Service led role requiring excellent communication skills
- Experience with invoice automation systems
- Evident experience in a customer focused role essential
- Strong IT skills with experience with Oracle advantageous
- Demonstrable analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in the English language is essential. Fluency in other European languages is a plus
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust