Are you a self-motivated Accountant with the ability to work under pressure? Know how to get the best out of a team? Then why not join us as a Financial Accountant in our Dublin Head Office.
At Primark, our work spans over 13 countries, and we’re still growing. Which all adds up to a fast pace and a variety you don’t get elsewhere.
What the role involves:
- Involvement in the preparation and analysis of periodic financial and management accounts.
- Along with the Finance Manager, support the international finance teams by ensuring compliant lease accounting adhering to local GAAP and IFRS 16 requirements in all countries in which we operate.
- Supporting fixed asset specific projects - fixed assets is a key area within the financial reporting and wider finance teams given the size of Primark’s leasehold and freehold estate as well as significant intangible assets. The role will involve making key decisions and, high opportunities for development and meeting with key stakeholders.
- Assist in the submission of periodic reporting packs to ABF (Associated British Foods).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Business Partners (Financial Planning & Analysis / Primark and ABF Property Depts) in order to understand the broader business objectives, develop processes jointly and provide accounting guidance and best practice recommendations to enable process changes.
- Key contact for external and internal audit teams on Fixed Assets.
- Assist in the development of trainee accountants.
- Supporting International Projects in any market as required, e.g. new market entry, specific new market fixed asset requirements.
- Any other tasks and ad hoc projects as required by management.
What we're looking for:
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent) with minimum 3 years PQE.
- Big 4 background or a number of years industry experience preferred.
- IFRS 16 experience or experience working in Fixed Assets would be an advantage.
- Oracle Financials, Excel4apps and Cognos would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) – need to communicate to all levels within the business.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong financial and analytical acumen (ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview).
- English is essential and other European languages would be an advantage.