Our Finance teams are right at the heart of what we do. Surrounded by some of the best Accountants in the industry, you’ll bring your own ideas to the business - helping to shape the experience of our customers as part of a forward-thinking team.
As a Financial Accountant – Technical Accounting and Policy, you will be responsible for ensuring Primark meet all out statutory reporting and compliance obligations across all of the markets we currently operate in, in addition to supporting our international growth strategy in new markets. You will also be responsible for leading on all technical accounting matters for Primark and provide ad-hoc accounting advice on transactions as they arise.
What You’ll Get
The world is changing and it’s important we support our colleagues. People are at the heart of what we do at Primark so it’s essential we provide the right environment for you to perform at your best. That’s why we offer benefits that put you first.
Some of our benefits are:
- 27 days of leave, plus bank holidays and if you want, you can buy 5 more.
- Flexible Working, opportunity for an early Friday finish, and a subsidised cafeteria.
- Primark Perks – Discounts with some local partner business to our offices
What You’ll Do:
In your role, you’ll collaborate with different people across a range of skillsets. Here’s a flavour of your day-to-day:
- You will be part of a centre of excellence for technical accounting, supporting our finance teams, senior finance leadership, and the wider business, where you will assist in the resolution of technical accounting issues, ensuring compliance with all finance regulatory bodies & audit standards.
- Along with the Finance Manager, you will support in developing an accounting policy manual that is fit for Primark now and as we grow into the future.
- You will prepare technical accounting papers, collaborating with the wider Finance teams to implement any process changes arising from the creation of new policies.
- You will be responsible for preparing impairment review process models during statutory close periods, linking in with the wider business to ensure the models reflect how CGU’s will operate into the future.
- You will liaise with the external reporting & compliance team, tax, and other finance functions across the organisation, developing strong relationships and to supporting with preparation and review of statutory financial statements.
What You’ll Bring
Here at Primark, we want everyone to feel valued – so please bring your authentic self to work, of course with some other key experience and abilities for this role in particular:
- (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent).
Ready? Good - because we can’t wait to see what you can offer. You’ll be joining a team of diverse, passionate, and talented individuals where you’ll truly belong, collaborating on projects that will shape the future of our industry. If you’re excited about this role but don’t meet all the criteria, we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this role or another one, and our recruitment team Can determine where your skills may fit in at Primark.
Apply to be part of our future and we’ll help you develop yours.
If you need any reasonable adjustments or have an accessibility request, during your recruitment journey, such as extended time or breaks between online assessments, a sign language interpreter, mobility access, or assistive technology please contact your talent acquisition specialist.
All offers of employment are subject to background checks, including right to work, reference education and for some roles criminal, and financial checks. If you have any concerns, please reach out to our talent acquisition team to discuss.