Purpose of role: You will be working closely with the Senior Manager and the wider business to support on the VAT aspects of projects and systems implementations
Reports to: Global Indirect Taxes – Senior Manager
Location: Dublin Head Office or Reading officeKey Responsibilities:
- Lead interesting business-wide projects from a VAT perspective with the support of the Senior Manager. This includes system implementations ensuring VAT codes are correctly designed and applied throughout the system architecture, VAT invoices are accurately designed across all regions, VAT reporting is accurate and complete etc.
- Represent the Global Indirect Tax team in cross-functional forums e.g. project governance meetings, working groups etc.
- Engage with senior stakeholders across the business to deliver indirect tax compliant solutions for cross-functional projects.
- Assist the Senior Manager on any indirect tax planning involving the Primark Group including identification of opportunities, developing, recommending & managing the implementation of selected projects.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement to bring efficiencies to processes and technology, improve ways of working and enhance controls.
- Work with the programme teams to ensure solution designs are VAT compliant and efficient for the Global Indirect Tax compliance team; and meet all reporting requirements.
- Oversee project implementation testing from assistance with preparation of test scripts to review of test results. This may include management of third-party testers or oversight of testing by the Global Indirect Tax compliance team.
- Manage the technology roadmap to ensure all VAT compliance projects are planned against external deadline dates e.g. real-time reporting requirements across Europe.
- Stay informed and educate the team on changes in VAT legislation and practice and keeping relevant business partners and management updated on same.
- Support wider tax team initiatives which may have relevance to indirect taxes.
- Contribute to the VAT team development and provide technical indirect tax training.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Tax qualification required.
- 5+ years relevant PQE.
- Systems design and implementation experience desirable.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) - need to communicate to all levels within the business.
- Strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
- Have strong financial and analytical acumen as well as excellent Project Management and communication skills.
- Demonstrate initiative with strong work ethic.
- Self-motivated, proactive, ability to ensure tasks are finalised to strict deadlines.
- MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Oracle experience an advantage.