Purpose of role:The Finance ‘Global Process Owner – GNFR (Goods Not For Resale) and AR (Accounts Receivable)’, will deliver process simplification and standardisation across Financial Operations for GNFR & AR as well as deliver transformation in the way the GNFR & AR Team currently works.
You will be responsible for onboarding new strategic initiatives from the business into Financial Operations and Finance whilst ensuring that the commercial objectives of the business are met. You will hold ultimate responsibility for all GNFR & AR Finance Operations processes ensuring these processes are embedded in a controlled, consistent and efficient manner.
Reports to: Finance Transformation Manager
Location:Dublin Head Office (Hybrid Arrangement)Key Responsibilities:
- Develops process vision, strategy and objectives for the end to end GNFR & AR processes
- End-to-end ownership and accountability of all GNFR invoicing and payment processes, with the objective to transform and simplify each process over time
- Drive consistency in our end to end GNFR & AR processes, documenting and developing robust risk and control matrices and process notes for core Financial Operational activities
- Coordinate design and delivery of relevant GNFR & AR finance processes in a seamless fashion, by collaborating with the other key Global Process Owner roles and senior leadership across the business
- Holds the ultimate responsibility for GNFR & AR finance processes and continually senses and adapts processes to evolving business needs (e.g. supply chain finance, Brexit impact, paperless documentation etc)
- Designs, develops, documents, and manages process procedures, including roles and responsibilities
- Defines key performance metrics for the execution of standard processes and manages execution of processes
- Acts as a governing authority for end to end GNFR & AR process changes and identifies and engages process stakeholders to build a coalition of support
- Identifies, develops, and implements process improvement initiatives to simplify processes, automate processes, or eliminate “work arounds”
- Exercises the authority and ability to make necessary process changes
- Review and document current finance processes by reference to existing policies and framework, including the relevant Internal Controls Process Flows and Improvements Roadmap
- Lead the documentation and development of Risk & Control Matrices, process notes for core Financial Operations GNFR & AR functions to ensure appropriate risks & controls are in place
- Deep understanding of Finance/P2P processes and how they impact the finance ecosystem
- Strong engagement skills, with proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Excellent planning and project management skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales
- Demonstrates leadership skills with the ability to inspire, lead, build & deliver as part of a high performing teams
- Ability to draw knowledge from a broad experience of financial roles
- Brings a challenger mentality and constantly looks for continuous improvement
- Process oriented, with good experience of delivering change across processes & systems
- Commercial awareness and mind-set, with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business
- 5+ years’ industry experience preferably within Finance orientated roles
- Candidate preferably can demonstrate experience of Finance business process change through technologies and techniques incorporating automation (incl. RPA), Business Intelligence &/or Data analytics e.g. utilisation of applications such as Oracle, Softco, Tableau, Alteryx, MS Power Automate etc.
- Candidate preferably will have accreditation and/or practitioner experience of Business Analysis, Transformation, Change Management or Project Management e.g. PMI-PBA, BCS BA, Lean Six Sigma, Agile Product Owner, etc.
- Excellent communication skills combined with strong financial acumen, a broad understanding of various finance functions and project management skills are expected
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates initiative with strong work ethic
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism