Purpose of role: The Head of Infrastructure Operations is responsible for the delivery of Infrastructure services for Primark including Data Centre and Network Services, Platforms and Infrastructure environments (up to OS level for estate), circa 700 Servers. This role will ensure that Infrastructure standards are met and drive the successful delivery of the Infrastructure project portfolio and roadmap.
The successful candidate will have excellent knowledge of the retail industry and the ability to provide leadership to colleagues within the Technology Function.
The role requires excellent communication skills, to ensure effective engagement with a diverse stakeholder group both across the business and within the Technology Function.
Location: Dublin or Reading [some travel may be required as part of this role]
Reports to: Technology Operations Director
Member of the Extended Technology Leadership TeamKey Responsibilities:
- Develop a short, medium- and long-term plan for the development of Infrastructure Operations within Primark including people, process, tools and technology
- Develop a manpower plan with relevant skills / capabilities that are required to meet the changing business / operational requirements
- Build key relationships at senior levels in the business and within Technology to promote understanding of and co-operation with the Technology Operations function
- Ensure that Infrastructure roadmaps are agreed with the Architecture team and are fit for purpose
- Provide Capex and Opex budgetary information for projects and yearly budget submission
- Ensures that Technology Operations is represented during the project phase ensuring:
-That a Service Architecture is agreed with Architecture teams
-That a service model is developed and documented
-That service level requirements are identified, documented and agreed
-That the technical architecture is capable of delivering the Service level Requirements in terms of Availability, Capacity, Reliability, Security, Maintainability etc.
-That the necessary vendor contracts are negotiated and agreed for on-going service
- Managing service delivery to ensure the maintenance of a fully functional, reliable and secure Technology Infrastructure environment
- Ensure strong relationships are built and managed between Infrastructure Operations and our internal customers specifically in regard to Infrastructure operational services, issues and support.
- Be accountable for all aspects of all Infrastructure Operations Services including those delivered by Technology Service Partner/s, driving stability & issues resolution to best protect the business and closely managing major incidents and issues, driving problem management to identify & remove root cause to prevent reoccurrence & future issues.
- Provides expert management support to difficult, high profile customer issues and ensures root-case analysis is conducted and a corrective action plan is followed through and that any learnings are applied for future benefit.
- May be required to provide support and leadership outside of core business hours for Major Incidents / High impacting issues.
Infrastructure Portfolio Delivery
- Proven experience of managing an in house or outsourced Infrastructure project portfolio, to include;
- Data Centre Strategy
- Infrastructure Roadmaps
- Office Fitouts
- Large scale Microsoft projects, Windows 10, Sharepoint etc.
- Security projects, Firewalls, End point protection, Remote access.
- Agree, implement and report on a programme of Continuous service improvement.
- Support and drive IT operations towards improved performance and reduction / management of costs and delivery of business value.
- Ensure efficient processes are in place and challenge the status quo to deliver improvements to service.
- Report, communicate and update relevant stakeholders on the on-going Infrastructure Operations including incident management and Improvement Programmes, guaranteeing clarity, visibility, timeliness and expectation management to the right people using the right method.
- Develop and manage internal relationships and Customer Satisfaction.
- Manage, measure and ensure that the Infrastructure Operations team are achieving agreed levels of customer satisfaction through our Technology Service Partner’s
- Balance Technology Service Partners contractual obligations with the priorities of the Business – optimising value and performance from our Service Partners
- Monitor the overall level of service provided by Technology Service Partner’s including service levels, incidents, process and change management, processes, standards and procedures - and instigating appropriate actions to address any issues or gaps, benchmarking to ensure best in class.
- Ensure the agreement and operation of SLAs in respect of new services provided by Technology Partners following their introduction
- Ensure technology partners / vendors adhere to Primark policies, procedures and standards.
- Participate in appropriate commercial negotiations
- Own and deliver Infrastructure Capex and Opex budgets year on year.