Purpose of role:
Responsible for the Key Line Procurement Process and the evolution of the process by enhanced use of E-Auction and engagement with Fabric Mills to negotiate and manage fabric/yarn directly.
Reports to: Product Operations Director
The key KPIs for the role as follows:
- Maximise the margin return on the process through leveraging Primark volume programmes, ensuring maximum quantities placed and ensuring all relevant core volume programmes are included.
- Liaise with Buying and Technical Teams and the Head of Central Sourcing to evaluate and determine which suppliers should be engaged in the process and determine and select which suppliers should be successful in each of the product programmes.
- Develop the process further by negotiating yarn directly with Fabric Spinners to maximise margin returns and develop a process to secure the yarn with the Spinners at best price and secure and trade the yarn in collaboration with the Suppliers and Buying & Merchandising Teams.
2) Quality & Ethics;
- Working with the Buying and Technical teams to ensure that product quality is always safeguarded by ensuring Suppliers deliver as per the Technical Pack product instructions given to them in advance of the process and, continually evaluating Supplier delivery history and technical and compliance standards.
- Liaise with the Product Technical Team to ensure that where fabric qualities are standardized, that these are negotiated and secured at the best price to guarantee consistency.
- Liaise with the Product Compliance Team to ensure that the product is QA checked (CFS and in-store) to ensure quality standards are maintained during the life cycle of the buy.
- Working with Technical and Buying Teams to ensure samples approval process and critical path timelines are adhered to.
- Working with the Sourcing and Ethical Teams to ensure Primark Ethical standards are continually met by Suppliers partaking in Key Line process and agreeing any Supplier exclusions from process based on appropriate criteria.
3) Capacity Planning;
- Working in collaboration with the Central and Regional Sourcing Teams and the Merchandising Teams to ensure that the volumes placed are within a Suppliers declared monthly capacity to support the process and deliver the order volumes as per the PO.
- Working with the Sourcing Analytics and regional Sourcing Offices to ensure that where required new supplier manufacturing capacity is validated and in place in advance of the process
4) Product Sustainability;
- Liaise with the Product Sustainability and Environmental Teams to deliver Primark Sustainability agenda through Key Line Process by converting from existing yarns/fabrics to sustainable ones and, through supplier negotiations, mitigating cost impact and track any margin impact and report same to the Business.
- Refine and evolve the process to capture all relevant product categories through E-Auction and face to face negotiations as required.
- Support the evolution of the process to capture and negotiate two seasons’ volumes during one session to further leverage Primark order volumes to enhance supplier efficiencies and therefore continue to improve cost price and margin gains.
- The Process requires order commitments to successful suppliers at the conclusion of each category and timely raising of POs to give suppliers adequate visibility of colour and size breakdowns.
- Review goods not for resale opportunities using Key Line process for associated products like cartons, hangers, labelling etc.
- Evolve the KL process to negotiate directly with fabric spinners to enable Primark to trade and hold key approved volume fabric qualities, maximise any low-season yarn cost price savings and enable existing product critical path lead times to be shortened.
- Support a process whereby shared nominated fabrics are held on commitment through nominated Suppliers and are traded as required by the Buying Teams, and visible to the business.
- Roll out Scan-market E-Auction process as the preferred negotiation tool to maximise margin opportunities.
- Ensure that supplier’s time in attendance in Arthur Ryan House is used as productively as possible.
- Successful candidate should have a strong commercial track record and commensurate Primark experience across multiple product categories.
- Successful candidate needs to display very strong organisational skills, negotiating ability and the ability to manage complex and multiple price negotiations at the same time.
- Successful candidate must be able to manage tight deadlines, display agility and flexibility in adapting to ever-changing circumstances.
- Successful candidate must have very strong communication skills to continually inter-act and manage multiple stakeholders as part of the same Key Line process.
Why work with us?
As well as giving you a competitive salary, there’s a lively culture here, and it’s easy to get to know each other in a truly warm atmosphere. Plus, we’re well equipped for a healthy lifestyle with our own café, canteen, and gym.
With the freedom to bring your ideas to life, you’ll feel at home in our fast-growing and fast-paced company.
So, if you want to take the next step in your career, apply now.