We have an exciting opportunity for an Insights Manager to join our Corporate PR team in Dublin.
You will support Corporate Affairs and the wider business. You will be responsible for delivering smart, incisive, actionable insights we need about the external environment. This will enable Primark to make tactical decisions that effective execution of strategic, commercial and operational plans and the delivery of our group ambition, purpose and strategy. You will enable and support the protection and strengthening of the Primark reputation across our 12 markets to help the business and in turn, ABF, earn the trust and internal/external reputations they need to succeed.
- The function needs data, intelligence, analysis and insights to help the businesses understand the sensitivity of the business model to trust and reputation i.e. where these assets impact growth.
- Insights should focus on stakeholders beliefs and expectations to help align trust and reputation strategies with the business strategy, annual operating plans and to support day-to-day decision making end-to-end in the business
- Effective intelligence, research, monitoring and tracking enable the team and the business to:
- Map, prioritise, understand and influence stakeholders’ contexts, agendas and beliefs
- Evaluate the cost of trust or reputation damage and/or the opportunity for competitive differentiation and advantage
- Intelligence and insights on the impacts of the issues and agendas of multiple material
- Ensuring effective stakeholder mapping, prioritisation, research, monitoring and tracking
- Horizon scanning
- Integrating, synthesising, analysing reputation and trust data and existing business data
- Reputation/trust/trustworthiness research and tracking
- Providing stakeholder, issue and PESTEL intelligence (in conjunction with Business Intelligence)
- Work with Primark Strategy & Transformation providing insight and intelligence to support business decisions and evaluate business opportunities
- Provide insight to determine themes and territories that build trust and reputations for Primark to compete/win
- Support Corporate Affairs and the wider business by providing actionable reputation intelligence and insights on operating environment, stakeholders, agendas, issues, risks and trends the to anticipate, manage and mitigate issues and risks
- Work with the Leadership & Colleague Communications and People & Culture teams to develop relevant employee insights and intelligence including employee trust, engagement and reputation analysis and insights
- Provide stakeholder, customer and employee and other insights on ethical trade issues, policies and positions in support of decision-making and planning in cooperation with Ethical Trading and Sustainability
- Work with the Campaigns team to deliver the research and insight required to understand what matters and motivates audiences
- Work on the delivery and activation of an insight plan that delivers a long-term approach to how to use insight to deliver on the objectives of the Corporate Affairs function
- Work with across the Corporate Affairs function and with business functions to identify requirements
- Work with research, insight and intelligence agencies to get actionable insight for good value
- Collate and report insight that informs strategic decision making and make sure the team is aware of critical insights and how to activate against them
- Ensure horizon-scanning forward-looking intelligence and insight is developed for the business, so that reputation identification and assessment is evidence and insight-based enabling the business to better navigate its external environment.
Key internal relationships
Brand & Marketing, Social, Fashion PR, Retail, Legal, Retail Operations, Strategy & Transformation, BMDQS, Retail Stores (all markets), Sustainability, Business Intelligence, ABF Group Corporate Affairs, Finance and Ethical Trading, People & Culture
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years experience of setting and measuring Corporate Affairs strategies aligned to business outcomes, developing strategic narratives, and generating and interpreting audience insight.
- A track record of operating within complex, very fast‐moving consumer goods or retail markets (multiple international territories).
- Experience in working within a decentralised group structure.
- Deep skills in qualitative and quantitative research, able to distil large datasets and complex information into compelling insights.
- A deep understanding of the relationship between business, reputation and Corporate Affairs strategies.
- Strong external network bringing a diversity of views, experience, challenge and perspective.
- Experience and knowledge of detailed communication and campaign measurement across multiple channels and audiences.
- In-depth experience of working, collaborating and influencing in complex organisations.
- People and budget management experience.
- Customer centric, can do attitude and a track record of hands on delivery and motivating others to deliver in a team environment.
- Educated to degree/postgraduate degree level, ideally with demonstrable professional development.
- Able to manage competing issues, working with and through others – maintaining alignment with the business strategic direction and aims.
- Significant knowledge of communication channels and media, practices, frameworks and governance mechanisms.
- Extensive experience of working in a collaborative manner through influencing and challenge.
- Strategic thinker with ability to contribute to key communications and policy decisions by interpreting internal and external trends and changes.
- Ability to communicate to a high level, highly articulate and a determined and proactive leader and influencer.
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail.
- Results orientated, able to manage timely delivery in a challenging environment, and able to deal with rapid change, complexity and ambiguity.
- Solid judgment and good instincts.
- Capable of self-directed work, but also a team player.
- Intellectual curiosity, agility and durability as well as a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Deep know-how in and experience of what drives both traditional and new forms of media.
- Actively builds and maintains a network of internal relationships at all levels across the business.
Why work with us?
There’s the competitive salary, of course. But our team in Dublin covers many different countries, giving you the opportunity to work with colleagues from all over the world. Our people make our brand which means more responsibility, and the freedom and space to grow and do things their way. And we have an amazing programme of structured learning and development to help with that, covering everything from mindfulness sessions to developing your presenting skills. What’s more, you’ll also be part of a busy, friendly work environment.