As a key member of the Primark Internal Audit team, perform financial, operational and regulatory audits for Primark.
This is an outstanding and unique career opportunity to join an exciting and fast growing value fashion retail group. The role is based in our impressive International Headquarters in the heart of Dublin city. The Internal Audit team is part of the Finance function and services the Primark business as a whole.
The role reports directly to the Internal Audit Manager, with a strong dotted line to the Primark Head of Assurance, Primark CFO and the ABF Director of Financial Control.
The position involves planning, executing and reporting on a range of Internal Audit assignments and delivering work to schedule. The role helps to ensure internal controls are appropriately designed, operationally effective and are aligned with Primark and ABF objectives.
The position by its nature offers unique exposure to our high energy business, its operations and people. It offers interesting and challenging work across a variety of financial, operational and regulatory engagements. For the right candidate this role offers the potential for significant personal development and a strong career path in the business.
The role requires limited travel.
- You will be expected to deliver high quality internal audit work, including:
- Planning, auditing and testing controls in selected audit areas, ensuring compliance with the Financial Control Framework;
- Assessing risk and making recommendations for remediation and improvement;
- Producing excellent working papers;
- Drafting clear, concise reports and obtaining management responses prior to their finalisation;
- Assisting with the preparation of annual internal audit work programme;
- Assisting with the preparation of quarterly progress reports and participation in discussion of same with both local and ABF management;
- Assessing risk levels for current and new processes in the business;
- Performing follow-up audits to ensure appropriate action plans raised in both internal and external audit reports have been implemented and are operationally effective;
- Tracking audit issues and updating the tracker for reporting purposes;
- Completing ad-hoc audits or project governance tasks as and when required;
- Ensuring work is completed on time, and
- Building strong relationships with all stakeholders.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA / ACCA);
- Third level qualification in a related field;
- Audit experience required (internal or external);
- Strong report writing skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written);
- IT skills – proficient in Microsoft Office. IT audit experience and/or data analytics experience an advantage;
- Ability to work on own initiative while also being a good team player, and
- Commercial mind-set and value-add focus.