As a key member of the Primark Internal Audit team, perform risk-based audits for Primark. Contribute to the effectiveness and development of the IA function at Primark. This is a busy role, so we understand that you will value flexibility and so do we. We offer hybrid working, flexible start and finish times to suit you, 2pm Friday finish so you can start your weekend a bit earlier and generous annual leave so you can switch off and relax.
The role requires limited travel.
You will be expected to deliver high quality internal audit work, including:
• Planning, auditing and testing controls in selected audit areas, assisting in the deliverance of a portfolio of risk based end to end audits through execution of audit work;
• Assessing risk and making recommendations for remediation and improvement;
• Producing excellent working papers;
• Drafting clear, concise reports and obtaining management responses prior to their finalisation;
• Assisting with high quality preparation of annual internal audit work programme;
• Assisting with the preparation of quarterly progress reports and participation in discussion of same with both local and ABF management;
• Assessing risk levels for current and new processes in the business;
• Tracking audit issues and updating the tracker for reporting purposes;
• Completing ad-hoc audits or project governance tasks as and when required;
• Ensuring work is completed on time, and
• Building strong relationships with all stakeholders.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
If you meet the below criteria and have the energy and commitment to join our exciting business, then we want to hear from you!
• Professional accountancy qualification (ACA / ACCA);
• Proficient and knowledgeable in evaluating and testing internal controls and in applying a risk based audit approach;
• Third level qualification in a related field;
• Minimum 2+ years of internal audit experience;
• Experience working in or with retail industry an advantage;
• Strong report writing skills;
• Self starter, with ability to adapt to change and multi-task;
• Excellent attention to detail while also demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview, including assessing more strategic risks and time management skills;
• First-rate planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales;
• IT skills – proficient in Microsoft Office. IT audit experience and/or data analytics experience an advantage;
• Ability to work on own initiative while also being a good team player, and
• Commercial mind-set and value-add focus.
Why work with us?
At Primark, we know how hard everyone works to achieve our business goals and our competitive salary rewards this. We'll provide you with a progressive career path, because clear advancement is what we’re all about at Primark. We’re always open when talking about your development, supporting with further education or in house solutions. We also offer flexible working, a 2pm finish on Fridays so you can start your weekend early, health care and bonus.