Purpose of role:
Responsible for the Planning and Execution of the Key Line Procurement Process
Reports to: Reporting into the Key Line Process Manager
The key KPIs for the role as follows:
- Maximise the margin return on the process through leveraging product volume programmes, ensuring maximum quantities placed and ensuring all relevant core volume programmes are included.
- Ensure the business receives regular report update on the process as required.
- Working in collaboration with the Merchandising Teams, ensure that the historical comparison data is accurate to ensure the process comparative results to the previous year and season are accurate.
- Work with the Sourcing Capacity Coordinator and the Merchandising Teams and the Suppliers to ensure that the volumes placed are within a Suppliers declared monthly capacity to support the process and deliver the order volumes as per the PO.
- Working with the regional Sourcing Offices to ensure that where required new supplier manufacturing capacity is validated and in place in advance of the process.
- Work to support the Fabric Manager in the evolution of the Key Line process and develop and maintain a planning and trading process to enable Primark to trade and hold key approved volume fabric qualities, maximise any low-season yarn cost price savings and enable existing product critical path lead times to be shortened.
- Support a process whereby shared nominated fabrics are held on commitment through nominated Suppliers and are traded as required by the Buying Teams, and visible to the business.
- Refine and evolve the process to capture all relevant product categories through E-Auction and face to face negotiations as required. Develop the capacity and capability to run E-Auctions at any point during the year.
- Work with the Key Line Coordinator and the Process manager to ensure that the E-Auctions are effective, organised and comprehensive and ensure that Suppliers are trained on the use of Scanmarket as an on-line bidding tool.
- Support the evolution of the process to capture and negotiate two seasons’ volumes during one session to further leverage Primark order volumes to enhance supplier efficiencies and therefore continue to improve cost price and margin gains.
- Develop and support the running of E-Auctions process for goods not for resale for associated products like cartons, hangers, labelling etc.
- Working through the Key Line Coordinator, ensure that Purchase Orders are raised to successful suppliers at the conclusion of each product category in a timely manner.
- Successful candidate should have a good merchandising and commercial track record and commensurate Primark experience across multiple product categories.
- Successful candidate needs to display very strong organisational skills, negotiating ability and the ability to manage complex and multiple price negotiations at the same time.
- Successful candidate must be able to manage tight deadlines, display agility and flexibility in adapting to ever-changing circumstances and timelines.
- Successful candidate must have good communication skills to continually inter-act and manage multiple stakeholders as part of the same Key Line process.
Why work with us?
As well as giving you a competitive salary, there’s a lively culture here, and it’s easy to get to know each other in a truly warm atmosphere. Plus, we’re well equipped for a healthy lifestyle with our own café, canteen, and gym.
With the freedom to bring your ideas to life, you’ll feel at home in our fast-growing and fast-paced company.
So, if you want to take the next step in your career, apply now.