Reports To: Legal Director
The Personal Assistant will play a key role within the business area they support, working with relevant Director and their leadership team, contributing to the achievement of goals in line with Primark’s strategy and overseeing of daily functional operations.
This role will also hold people management responsibility and will be accountable for leading and managing team members to deliver high quality, effective administrative support within the function.
- Coordinates complex scheduling and extensive calendar management, as well as management of content and flow of information to the Director through prioritisation to ensure priorities are met and best practices are upheld.
- Oversees daily functional operations through collaboration with leaders and colleagues, performing an array of administrative tasks
- Conserve Director’s time by managing email, reading, researching, and proactively routing correspondence.
- Active management of agendas and action lists on behalf of Director.
- Management of Director’s communication, engagement and governance plan, through a proactive meeting schedule, strategy sessions, arrangement of regular meetings, one to one meeting. Takes ownership of agenda items, proactively actions and follows up.
- Prepares and collates information for meetings to include agendas, relevant documents/presentations and reports and ensures effective and timely distribution. Proactively follows up on any outstanding action items from previous meetings and seeks updates.
- Ensure Director is prepared and briefed of any relevant information for all meetings, flagging any relevant pre-work or reading materials to be reviewed in advance.
- Manages and coordinates Director’s travel and travel related activities including flight and hotel booking, transportation and required any travel documentation or visas as appropriate
- Acts as a liaison, communicating directly on behalf of the Director with relevant stakeholders across all levels of the organisation as well with as external partners.
- Reliably and proactively drafts, prepares, edits and maintains key correspondence and communications, documents and presentations on behalf of the Director.
- Proactively manages Director’s inbox, flagging key items and responding to/actioning emails on Director’s behalf where appropriate.
- 5+ years supporting senior executives in an Executive/Personal Assistant capacity, in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Strong customer presence - excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Strong advisory and relationship management skills, distinctive problem-solving skills.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Experience managing and developing strong and productive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and possess the ability to adapt to change in line with changing business requirements.
- Genuine interest in the fashion industry and passion for the Primark Brand
- An infectious obsession with customer experience.
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Flexible, positive and determined
- Works well with others to help the team succeed, readily offers idea and support
- Effective presentation skills with the ability to adapt style to suit audience
At Primark, we know how hard everyone works to achieve our business goals and our competitive salary rewards this. We'll provide you with a progressive career path, because clear advancement is what we’re all about at Primark. We’re always open when talking about your development, supporting with further education or in house solutions.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, age or any other diversity factors. Please inform your recruiter if you would like to request an accommodation within the application and interview process. All information disclosed with be kept confidential