The Technical, Functional and Business Process expert for Workday, this role is responsible for ensuring that the application configuration and business processes work as designed and acts as the Tier 3 escalation point for significant configuration or process issues received from the service desk, bringing issue resolution and solution development.
The role will be responsible for leading on the development and deployment of new or improved application functionality in addition to continuous improvement for existing processes, in addition to managing SaaS Release schedules.
Reports to: People Systems Manager - Workday
Role Type: Fixed term contract
- Technical, functional and business process expert across the HRIS platform they support. (Workday)
- Escalation point for process or configuration issues raised by end users through the people systems service delivery team – being a Named Support Contact with the application vendor for Primark.
- Design, configure, Test and deploy new or improved process or functional changes based on identified business and functional requirements – including process and testing documentation completed within Change Management governance framework.
- Close engagement with country P&C (HR) and Payroll teams to respond to business needs and build appropriate solutions.
- Work closely with the people systems integration team to ensure the end to end processes are documented and testing is completed to the required quality.
- Ensuring that regular SaaS releases are managed into the production environment successfully.
- Consistently seeking for and driving process efficiencies that remove administration effort from end users.
- Facilitate and lead solution design workshops.
- Keeping up to date with application technical and functional changes and improvements
- Design, write and vet functional specification for configuration, enhancements, new designs, interfaces and reports.
- Maintain an informed position on all people systems service delivery activity and related issues affecting the overall delivery, effectiveness or quality of programs within a component of People Systems.
- Document operating procedures requisite to be provided to the service desk team for Tier 1 and Tier 2 support.
- Workday Certified and system configuration experienced.
- ITIL Certified
- 3+ years relevant HR Application support experience (Tier 3) implementer or customer roles)
- Excellent technical and trouble shooting skills
- Strong communicator – ability to navigate and work with people at all levels, internationally.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel , Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to lead mini projects, work streams and carry out development work
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Strong interpersonal skills - diplomatic, discreet, trustworthy and have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with all levels both within the organisation and in the external environment.
- Previous system configuration and management of Workday Merit and Bonus plans an advantage.
- Previous experience of working with international end users and customers is desired.
- Previous experience in working in the retail industry is an advantage.
- Must have the ability to work on their own initiative;
- Proven experience in demonstrating the ability to work in fast paced projects and as part of a team. The core project team is already in place and therefore the successful candidate needs to able to fit in and hit the ground running;
- The individual must be structured and well organised;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust