This is a senior role within the Technology Dept, accountable for ensuring robust governance processes are followed when delivering projects. The role will be responsible for developing and enhancing the Primark PM Process along with governing and reporting on project quality and success.
This is a focal role requiring regular interaction with colleagues at all levels of the organisation. Stakeholder management and influencing skills will be key to success in this area along with the ability to manage competing priorities objectively in line with business strategy.
- Own the Technology Project Governance process ensuring it aligns to and complies with the overarching company governance framework.
- Continuously evaluate projects to ensure they align to and deliver business strategy and benefits.
- Manage the relationship with the Project Delivery Teams including those within Technology and the Strategy and Transformation Office.
- Drive standardisation and consistency through the stage-gate process ensuring it fits with business ways of working and enables a fast-paced operating model
- Evolve project reporting and insights to enable faced-paced decision-making and risk management.
- Implement an agile delivery model including ways of working, governance structure, reporting mechanism and funding model.
- Responsible for ensuring project KPIs are measured, achieved and communicated.
- Responsible for people management and talent development within your team.
- Continuously develop and enhance existing project management office policies and processes.
- Evolve formalised resource management within the Technology dept.
- Review business strategy drivers and proactively identify skills and resource gaps based on future planned projects ensuring we have the right resources in place.
- Educated to degree level and have at least 7-10 years’ experience in a PMO environment
- Formal Project Management qualification (PMP/PRINCE 2 Practitioner)
- Experience of agile methodologies
- Experience in growing and developing a team
- Proven track-record in a resource management role
- Be a highly motivated self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Strong relationship-builder with proven record of managing stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Delivers value for the customer through collaboration
- Experience of using PPM Tools e.g Planview
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others