Purpose of Role
To provide quality assurance across a large portfolio of IT & Finance projects.
This position will be responsible for ensuring the current project methodology contains relevant and pragmatic documentation, quality checks and stage gates. The role will also include regular reviews of project and governance processes, ensuring it stays relevant and introducing new standards where necessary.
An important part of this role is the ownership of a Project Management library and ensuring that all Project Managers and relevant resources are fully trained and supported in the implementation of the project processes.
The role will include carrying out regular reviews and advising the Project Managers on areas of improvement. It also involves leading cross-functional meetings.
This is a pivotal role within the PMO team requiring regular engagement with stakeholders from across the business.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the project methodology, project templates and process guides.
- Work with stakeholders to support the evolution of PMO processes in line with changing business need and landscape.
- Drive consistency across a diverse portfolio of projects ensuring all projects adhere to the overarching company governance framework.
- Collaborate with functional areas to ensure efficient and smooth functioning of project management processes.
- Lead training to a wide group of stakeholders.
- Lead internal meetings and communication sessions as required.
- Support the facilitation and management of the Finance Change Board.
- Responsible for compliance of projects to the agreed process using appropriate tools.
- Ensure that technical documentation is completed correctly.
- Ensure project forecasts, plans, risks, issues, changes and interdependencies are captured and managed effectively.
- Carry out regular quality reviews.
- Development of senior management presentations on project performance.
- Track project KPI metrics and support project teams to achieve their targets.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- In order to perform this role, the candidate should possess the following skills or abilities:
- In depth understanding of project quality and stage gate processes.
- Ability to mentor project resources and work with them to achieve project quality.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to influence and persuade
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of the wider team
- Can-do attitude
- Be adaptable to changing business need
- Experience using PPM tools
- Proficient with Microsoft products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Experience in Retail Industry
The ideal individual will:
- Be educated to degree level and at least 3-5 years’ experience in a Project Management position
- Must hold a Professional Project Management Certification, PMP, PRINCE 2, CHAMPS 2.
- Have worked within a busy PMO environment and have proven ability to manage multiple initiatives in parallel.
- Have excellent quality standards and ability to highlight gaps or opportunities for improvement.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with all levels across the organisation and external parties.
- Have experience of change management and introducing change to stakeholder groups.