This role would suit a finance professional with strong reporting experience who has worked with multiple systems and across a number of process areas. This role will be a mix of financial reporting, process optimisation reviews and assisting the GPO team and ICT on various finance systems change projects as part of the wider Finance Transformation strategy.
- Ability to act as finance point of contact for various Finance driven projects with the wider business and ICT Project Team as required
- Support the Finance team and ICT teams in understanding and defining requirements, defining solutions and understanding changes required for various projects that have a financial reporting impact and ensuring any solution meets group reporting and local statutory compliance requirements
- Supporting the Financial Reporting team with understanding process change impacts and ensuring these are appropriately documented for wider business strategic change projects or finance projects that have a financial reporting impact
- Leading on end-to-end R2R process reviews that impact financial reporting and the wider Finance team with the objective to transform and simply processes over time, including accrual processes.
- Identifies, develops and implements process improvement initiatives with the support of the R2R GPO team to simplify processes, automate processes (e.g. through use of RPA), eliminate manual intervention etc (this may include assuming responsibility for processes under review)
- Present progress and status updates on process optimisation reviews and projects to management in a clear and concise format
- Assist the GPO team in reviewing existing processes for changes required and documentation of changes and user guides
- Supporting and engaging with the Finance Governance Framework
- Build relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders including Financial Reporting, Tax, Finance Ops & Transformation, MDM Team and ICT
- Other related ad hoc activities, as required
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and deliver to required deadlines
- Brings a challenge mentality and constantly looks for continuous improvement opportunities
- Experience working on transformation programmes/change programmes across people, process & systems is an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) - need to communicate to all levels within the business
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Educated to degree level +
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent)
- 1+ years PQE having worked in finance (preferably in a retail environment)
- Strong systems skills, with Oracle a distinct advantage
- Previous experience in period end/month end/year end reporting
- Finance system implementation experience is a distinct advantage
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
Why work with us?
At Primark, we know how hard everyone works to help achieve our business goals. Having a competitive salary and annual bonus scheme is our way of acknowledging this. We'll also provide you with a progressive career path because clear advancement is what we’re all about. We’re always open when talking about your development and we offer lots of training – whether it’s in‐house or sending you on courses. We also offer flexible working both in terms of hours and location.
Equal Opportunity We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, age or any other diversity factors. Please inform your recruiter if you would like to request an accommodation within the application and interview process. All information disclosed with be kept confidential