Procurement Advisor – IT
ICT Business Partner
Procurement play a key role in enabling Primark to deliver “Amazing Fashion at Amazing Prices” whilst supporting a significant store expansion programme and business transformation.
Procurement @ Primark look after “Goods not for resale” (GNFR) covering categories such as Supply Chain, Marketing, ICT, Facilities Management, Retails Operations and Store Development.
Our team partners with the business to develop strategies to create competitive advantage for the business, with a focus on value creation, innovation, sustainability and risk management.
The Procurement advisor Partner – ICT is a mid level role partnering with our central functions, working across ICT, with a spend of c£200m. This role will report to the ICT Business Partner.
This role is accountable to create, develop and execute effective strategies to maximise commercial, sustainability and operational benefits from these categories of spend.
1. Central Functions
- Partner with the ICT teams to ensure that we have the right suppliers in place that deliver the right quality at the right price.
- Represent Procurement on relevant strategy development and planning forums
- Champion environmental and sustainability agenda
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring business alignment on critical objectives
- Identify risks to existing Primark supply and mitigate by sourcing alternative supplies.
- As part of Smart Spend programme, identify opportunities for costs savings and work with the internal customers to get buy-in to deliver and regularly report against them
- Provide market intelligence and market sourcing research for internal customers with recommendations on local versus global sourcing opportunities.
- Agree and include KPIs/SLAs in contracts, lead/attend review meetings as appropriate.
- Embed and critically appraise Supplier Relationship Management strategy for the category
- Anticipate the future growth plans of the business and ensure that the category plans are setup to enable this to be done effectively
- Consistently challenge the status quo to ensure value for money & innovation remain embedded within the functions.
- Work with New Markets Partner and ensure category plans consider store roll expansion programme as Primark enter new countries, from market research, to new supplier identification negotiation and contract implementation.
- Negotiate contracts with new and existing suppliers, ensuring contract terms achieve benefit to the organisation and govern the long-term relationships
- Benchmark price structures across all regions to ensure value for money through the life of a contract.
- Identify and advise internal customers of commercial risks supply assurance issues and work to mitigate risk to protect Primark.
- Ensure Primark is adequately legally protected and insured when undertaking all aspects of procurement
- Ensure compliance to contract approval policy via legal review and appropriate grant of authority for contracts and SOW’s
- Put in place contracts, framework and legal agreements for all suppliers in all countries.
- Ensure that all contractual arrangements adequately indemnify Primark and their insurers.
- Ensure legal frameworks and purchase orders are in place for all procurement activity.
- Actively champion sustainability and be conscious of Corporate Social Responsibility Policy.
- Be aware of the requirement for suppliers to comply with the Primark Code of Practice.
- Through category management, establish a robust supplier base that delivers the required quality, cost and service in compliance with Primark Ethical Trade Strategy.
- Deploy appropriate technological solutions to ensure efficiency and best use of leverage in new methods e.g.; eRFX, auctions.
- Maintain a current view of overall spends supplier data, market intelligence and best practice.
- Regular communication with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure events are scheduled, prepared and managed to deliver best value through our e –sourcing tool Scanmarket.
- Ensure compliance to Procurement systems policy, such as contract management systems and P2P
- Primarily partner with medium level complexity network of Manager, Head Of and Director level Primark stakeholders
- Effectively manage all c.£200m spend through fit for purpose category strategies
- Establish effective relationships with senior supplier personnel of local, regional and global suppliers
- 3-5 years related experience in a mid to level Procurement role
- Experience and knowledge in ICT procurement a must
- Demonstrated success in delivering multi-year strategies ensuring competitive commercial advantage
- Demonstrated ability to forge close business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all management levels especially senior
- Proven experience of working within fast-paced and matrixed organisations
- Proven track record of developing strategic partnerships with key suppliers
- Ability to meet deadlines and prepare regular reports to share progress and performance
- Expert knowledge of financial, legal contract negotiations, strong awareness of ethical sourcing and corporate social responsibility issues
PERSONAL, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong business acumen
- Curiosity with ability to drive change
- Self-motivated, focused and results orientated
- Driven achiever with proven track record
- Innovative and resourceful
- Ability to influence senior internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Highly effective and skilled negotiator
- Excellent organisation, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and recommend on risk at strategic level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to travel as required (>20%)