Purpose of role: Responsible for supporting the Product Sustainability team to convert product to more sustainable alternatives. Ensuring Primark Cares product adheres to the internal protocols.
Reports to: Head of Product Sustainability
- The role involves the collation and validation of all appropriate sustainability certification/accreditation submitted by the buying teams and recording centrally.
- Support the Product Sustainability Team in training and educating the Buying Teams and Supply Base in ensuring that the appropriate sustainability accreditation/certification is in place.
- Supporting the Product Sustainability team to convert materials to sustainable alternatives and to support circularity-based product initiatives.
- Building key relationships across the business including Environmental Sustainability, Sourcing, Buying and Merchandising Teams and with our external supply base partners.
- Investigating the use of any new materials under the Primark Cares banner, with the Environmental Sustainability team.
- Passionate about sustainability and will appreciate the significance of the sustainability movement in the context of the fashion industry.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and a very strong communicator with a positive mind set.
- Effective and inspiring networker with the ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stake holders.
- Excellent Excel skills and good experience of other Microsoft Office programmes, for example, PowerPoint, Access, Word, etc.
- University Degree in sustainability or a related field
- Demonstrable experience to showcase ability to implement sustainable change through recent projects.
- Working with Others; Influences with passion and energy, exciting people in their vision
- Decision Making; Makes informed decisions with pace and confidence, in difficult and pressured situations
- Self-Direction and Agility; Promotes a culture of optimism, enthusiasm and mutual support
- Customer Experience; Understands, always considers and delivers for their customer. Demonstrates a high level of trust, collaboration, confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Innovation; Implements a plan for managing and responding to innovative ideas and business opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status