Purpose of role:
To ensure product developed and supplied to Primark complies with Quality Assurance Standards. To work alongside buying teams, suppliers and key stakeholders to establish and maintain best practise and to meet the Primark customer's expectations.
Product and Process
• Understand and support delivery of the Primark Departmental and Quality strategy to deliver the customer promise.
• Strong technical expertise to deliver quality products that are safe, legal and fit for purpose.
• Apply quality standards and commercially evaluate product testing
• Adheres to “the Best Practice” sample process flow
• Quality benchmarking of Primark and key competitors for fit, quality and performance
• Working alongside the Primark Compliance team to ensure the Primark Quality Standards are in line with industry standards (Value/Volume retail).
• A clear understanding of the legal requirements for labelling and testing within the required product areas.
• Identify and resolve potential quality issues in relation to fit, fabric , components and testing failures
• Participate in the delivery of the key line programme to ensure Primark quality standards are achieved.
• Manages and resolves quality issues in a timely manner with clear solutions and communication to all relevant stakeholders.
• Evaluating risk and ability to make commercial recommendations on quality priorities in a volume environment.
• Identifies risk suppliers/product for Pre-shipment and CFS inspection.
• Proactively supports product development by advising on emerging trends, innovations and requirements’ with product quality.
• Accountable for delivery of key lines from a quality perspective within the required time frame
• By identifying issues through portal testing, store visits, pre shipment inspections, returns and CFS report be able to arrange and orchestrate a CAP in conjunction with Technical Product Lead to work with supplier. To further more manage the information through to buying teams to ensure they are aware of issues and actions being taken.
• In partnership with the buying teams participate in supplier meetings /factory visits to drive quality. ( done)
• Maintains regular updates to the supply base on Primark quality standards
• Engages with Sourcing and Ethical to understand supplier performance.
• Identify opportunities where process efficiencies can be developed and drive cost savings
Communication and Influence
• To promote and represent quality assurance with in both the QA department and the business as a whole with regular and clear information to develop a culture of continuous improvement
• Through training and engagement with Buying and Suppliers, improve the product quality (done)
• Supports and delivers departmental updates and presentations both internally and externally
• Attends B&M department meetings representing Quality Assurance
• Demonstrates ability to influence all Stakeholders, Buyers, Controllers and Directors with their decision making regarding quality standards and delivery.
Working with others / Leading and Managing others
• Coaches others to identify their skills, abilities and development areas.
• Conducts open discussions with direct reports about their strengths and development areas, facilitating an understanding of performance expectations and the creation of formal development plans
• Manages and encourages team decision making.
• Demonstrate consistency and fairness when working with others (new)
• Actively seeks out stretching opportunities to support own development
• Delivers training and guidance to the buying teams where required.
• Provides quality training QA assistants and trainees, buying teams and suppliers
• Advising in a timely manner any updates within the QA manual to all Technitions, buying team teams and relevant stakeholders
Why work with us?
As well as giving you a competitive salary, we’ll provide you with a progressive career path. Clear advancement is what we’re all about at
We’re always open to talking about your development and we offer lots of fantastic training courses to really help you shine. You’ll also
have more responsibility than at your average retailer, so you’ll be able to learn quickly.
We’re proud of our friendly culture at Primark. You’ll have the opportunity to get to know some great people in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
Plus, we’re well equipped for a healthy lifestyle with our own café, canteen, and gym, as well as a brand-new fitness studio
with a variety of classes available.
So, if you have the right experience and want to be part of one of the fastest growing retailers, apply now.