Purpose of role: To plan, own, manage and deliver our global product traceability project and transition to business as usual across Primark's international sourcing countries
Reports to: Director of Sourcing
Location: Reading or Dublin
- To provide hands on leadership to the end to end delivery of our traceability project
Work closely with the ethical trade, wider sourcing and sustainability teams to ensure the traceability tool is fit for its strategic purpose and meets their functional requirements.
- In the first instance, you will develop the business case and measure project outcomes against it and on an ongoing basis you will ensure your programme of work / function delivers the objectives and company benefits on a business as usual basis.
- During the implementation of the project, you will be required to be a key member of the implementation team resuming a key role in decision making and being our subject matter expert on supplier management & product traceability and transparency.
- Working with the wider Primark team to manage our suppliers as they commence their traceability journey with us
- Working with the change management team to create the change management plan
- Build on the existing relationship with the selected platform vendor and develop it into a strong, trusted partnership
- Work with key stakeholders to develop the data validation approach. You will develop comprehensive plans for this project and provide analytical and modelling support to develop and validate solutions
- You will be a key decision maker for the business roll-out programme and the design of the new Traceability tool within Primark
- Produce regular reporting on progress top plan, risks and issues logs.
- To ensure all agreed KPI's are measured and achieved
- To ensure appropriate resources are allocated in a timely manner including from external partners & vendors
- To ensure progress is made to plan and adjustments made whenever necessary
- To ensure budgets are properly monitored and managed
- Oversee the recruitment of your in-country teams and establish your operational capabilities in several different geographical locations.
- Work with & gain buy-in from the wider business functions to ensure understanding, acceptance & use of the traceability tool.
- A highly experienced and effective business leader, with a demonstrable track record of personal
- Pragmatic, practical and results driven.
- Able to deliver in the face of varied and frequent challenges
- Experienced in working in a retail commercial, sourcing, sustainability or ethical trade function and have experience working across markets.
- Proven to have delivered large change projects through to benefits realisation
- Good end to end sourcing awareness and understanding and a solid grounding in sourcing, sustainability or ethical trade functions
- The individual should be self-motivated, focussed and results orientated, with the ability to operate within a highly pressurised and fast paced environment, consistently delivering results and achieving corporate objectives on time and within the agreed parameters.
- A minimum of 5 years retail commercial, sourcing, vendor management, sustainability or ethical trade management experience
- Proven in project delivery & ownership
- Demonstrating a track record of senior stakeholder management, and comfortable receiving challenges from board level due to the sensitivity and importance of this strategic initiative to Primark
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Relationship builder both internally and externally with strong influencing skills
- Experience of working in a fast-paced sourcing or ethical trade environment
- Be a strong people leader, ideally experienced at leading teams across different countries and cultures
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Able to work away with potentially substantial international travel required
- Strong administrative skills
- Effective communicator - 2nd language skills a benefit