Are you a self-motivated, experienced Accountant with the ability to work under pressure? Know how to get the best out of a team? Then why not join us as a Project Financial Accountant in our Dublin Head Office.
At Primark, our work spans over 13 countries, and we’re still growing. Which all adds up to a fast pace and a variety you don’t get elsewhere. This is a complex and challenging role, keep reading for more information.
• Finance project lead on the Project Team for the introduction of a statutory reporting ledger within existing ERP
• Build relationships with key stakeholders including Financial Reporting, Tax, Finance Ops, Procurement, Legal, MDMU Team and ICT Project Team
• Act as finance point of contact for the project with wider business and ICT Project Team
• Support the finance team in understanding and defining key statutory & legal requirements in 14 countries including engagement with third party advisors (to include interpretation of local requirements into data requirements,and definition of reporting requirements)
• Support the ICT Project Team in collecting, documenting and prioritising design requirements, defining solutions and implementing same, including ensuring agreed solution meets local statutory and legal compliance requirements
• Manage finance resource requirements for UAT and act as finance point of escalation with wider project team as part of UAT process
• Present progress and status updates to senior management in a clear and concise format and manage governance of the project from a finance perspective
• Collaborate with all stakeholders, both internal and external
• Review existing processes for changes required and documentation of changes and user guides
• Provide training to team members on new changes
• Other related ad hoc activities, as required
What we're looking for:
• Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and deliver to required deadlines
• Experience working on transformation programmes/change programmes across people, process & systems
• Excellent attention to detail with an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview
• Effective and persuasive facilitation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to senior management and the Project Team
• Self motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) - need to communicate to all levels within the business and Project Team.
• Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
• Educated to degree level +
• Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent)
• 3+ years PQE having worked in finance (preferably in a retail environment)
• Strong systems skills, with Oracle a distinct advantage
• Previous experience in overseeing and driving change in GL systems or other finance system implementation experience
• Previous project management experience