This is an exciting role for Primark and for an experienced Retail Project Manager who might be looking to join a fast paced and innovative retail environment. We are in 12 countries with over 373 stores and counting!
As our Primark Retail Project Manager you will be responsible for understanding the business processes and applications, analysing the business needs of internal clients and stakeholders and help to identify business problems and propose solutions. You will also be responsible for managing a number of diverse Retail Projects, from business case right through to completion. You will need to have strong analytical and communication skills to ensure effective engagement with a diverse stakeholder group.
- Develop a strong understanding of our existing system and application landscape as a building block for future solutions.
- Work with internal and external teams to help research, plan and deliver detailed business requirement documentation to ensure project requirements are met.
- Work with and challenge business units on their assumptions to help deliver solutions for their current and future needs.
- Project manage the process from initiation through to sign off, adhering to all PMO requirements.
- Be able to draw requirements together into Business Requirements Documents using existing templates, making use of plain English, diagrams, process flows and scenarios so that the resulting document will be meaningful to the intended users.
- Work in a team collaborating on different aspects of a large project, ensuring that the objectives of all components are aligned, and that delivered solution will works as an end to end process.
- Use the knowledge gained in the analysis and design of the solutions to become one of the subject matter experts for solution being delivered.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
- Minimum 3 years’ Project Management experience (large scale)
- Have strong analytical skills to interpret customer needs and translate into operational requirements.
- Possess the ability to work alongside senior management at all levels within Retail, the business and external service providers / business partners.
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Have strong communications skills (written and verbal) – need to communicate at all levels within Retail, the business and external service providers / business partners.
- Show flexibility in working location; travel within Europe may be required; and the role may also require occasional travel further afield
- Ability to work flexible hours to support the business and the Retail Operations team.