Purpose of role: Responsible for managing the full project lifecycle across technical and business work streams, developing and implementing an effective plan to ensure that projects deliver their agreed goals within quality, cost and time objectives. Collaborating closely with key stakeholders within the function and across the business.
Reports to: Programme Manager / Product Owner
• To plan, control, manage and be accountable for the overall delivery of technology projects to meet the agreed business needs; acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of time, cost and quality.
• Ensure requirements and business change activities are included in the project plan as defined by the Business Analyst, Change Manager and business team
• Responsible for managing all project costs in line with the funding approved through the business case ensuring that any risk to or deviation from the budget is communicated, managed and approved through the Primark Project Governance framework
• Responsible for the maintaining an accurate and transparent view of project health via the company Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Tool Planview
• Work with internal teams to ensure that the processes, outputs and deliverables are on time.
• Maintain detailed timelines, project plans, and budget for all project deliverables/milestones.
• Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects, including communications to team, stakeholders and executives, developing and agreeing the communication’s plan
• Lead project status meetings and updates with internal teams and development partner.
• Report progress of the project(s) at agreed regular intervals
• Manage multiple work streams and projects simultaneously and understand project priorities in relation to the overall deliverables, including handover to service on successful project delivery
• Responsible for managing project resources internal and external to meet the demands and timeline of the project
• Ensure an effective and efficient change control process that ensures we do not go over budget whilst delivering to the agreed outcome.
• Responsible for the effective management of risks and issues, ensuring proactivity avoids delays and costs, yet ensures quality.
• Plan and manage testing across the project to ensure quality standards are maintained.
• Ensure project documents are complete, current, and archived appropriately.
• Project manage the process from initiation through to sign off, adhering to all PMO requirements as well as ensuring adherence to defined methods and standards (including the IT Operating Model and Quality Assurance methodology)
• To be familiar with tools and technologies to be able to make the right decisions for issues affecting the delivery of the technology project
• Establish and maintain good relationships with business and Tech colleagues and suppliers, resolving conflicting priorities or issues as they arise
Dimensions of Role:
• Drive process within the teams
• Interaction with other functions within the organisation to deliver the overall business solution.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Educated to degree level with 5+ years of Project Management experience
• Experience of communication platforms and technologies, and delivery of communication centric projects
• Experience and knowledge of Cloud based systems
• Strong experience in dealing with senior business users
• Proficient in basic business analysis
• Familiar with IT architecture, design, operational service and support organisations
• Familiar with Tech and having a commercial perspective and an understanding of how the project contributes to the overall business case
• Highly knowledgeable of Tech investment evaluation processes, including cost/benefit analysis, estimation of Tech costs/resources for defined and undefined initiatives
• The ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced dynamic environment while maintaining a sense of perspective.
• Flexibility, curiosity, enthusiasm, passion.
• Customer focused
• Possess excellent planning, organisation skills
• Excellent communication skills, with significant experience working across complex organisational structures
• Strong experience of Supplier and SI (Strategic Integrator) management – knowledge of different contracting, payment and penalty constructs, experience of managing suppliers within a commercial framework to maximise value for money
• Proven budget management experience