Purpose of role:
The Project Co-ordinator will be responsible for supporting the delivery projects within the functions of Quality, Product Technical Development and Compliance in coordinating the activities of a project to ensure cost, timelines, relevant documentation and quality standards are met. Under the direction of the PM, the Assistant Project Manager is expected to support in all phases and aspects of a project and develop their understanding of functions of Product Development, QA and Compliance.
Reports to: Projects Manager
• Understand and support delivery of the Primark Departmental and Quality strategy to deliver the customer promise.
• Role models industry and function best practice
• Support in project set up ensuring the all documentation is ready for the beginning of a project.
• Assist PM in the development of the overall project schedule.
• Prepare and assist with project meetings, managing agendas, minutes and meeting communication to stakeholders
• Strong organisational skill to support the management of several projects at one time across multiple functions – Product Development, Product Compliance and Product Quality Assurance
• Awareness and appreciation of pressure of timescales. Project scope and budgets.
• Maintain updates on project plans to track progress
• Support PM in ensuring clear and timely communication with key all stakeholders
• Work collaboratively with other functions to accomplish project goals.
• Demonstrate effective relationship building within the project team and throughout the wider functions and business
• Support project by understanding strategic business drivers, validating business requirements and obtaining input from relevant functional experts
• Reporting to the stakeholders on progress evaluating the success of a project against its benchmarking and sharing lessons and/or best practice
• Engage with project team, documenting updates, issues and risks to senior leaders and stakeholders
• Manage and communicate with external partners who will help to deliver projects
Communication and Influence
• Communicates and interacts clearly and concisely to ensure that information is understood by project teams, stakeholders and external contacts
• Demonstrates/develop effective communication skills tailored to the audience and objectives; provides feedback and responds to others in a professional, courteous and respectful manner.
• Support the promotion and representation of their function and the business as a whole with regular and clear, timely information to develop a culture of continuous improvement
• Excellent relationship building and communication skills. Establishing and implementing effective communication to the variety of stakeholders and external parties
• Supports and delivers departmental updates and presentations both internally and externally
• Identifies and acts on ways to add value.
• Identifies and gathers relevant information to support scope of projects and make informed decisions relating to final delivery
• Makes decisions independently within parameters and understands when to seek guidance; collaborates with impacted stakeholders.
• Continually builds own knowledge and expertise.
Working with others / Leading and managing others
• Offers to coach/assist others within projects.
• Demonstrate consistency and fairness when working with others (new)
• Actively seeks out stretching opportunities to support own development
• Delivers updates and guidance to stakeholders
• Works effectively with others to deliver common goals.
• Respects the ideas and contributions of others and readily takes opportunities to learn and seek out stretching opportunities to support own development
• Demonstrates self-awareness and understanding of own skills, abilities and development areas
• Prioritises and manages own activities in a structured, independent and timely way; keeps others informed and obtains additional information when required.
• Understands business need for flexibility and modifies behaviour accordingly; exhibits a positive, determined and results driven attitude.
• Understands and follows the Company’s processes, procedures and policies.
• Good attention to Detail
• Works cooperatively with others toward accomplishment of a project goal.
Why work with us?
As well as giving you a competitive salary, we’ll provide you with progressive career path. Clear advancement is what we’re all about at Primark. We’re always open when talking about your development and we offer lots of training – whether it’s in-house or sending you on courses. We’re big believers in rewarding hard work, which is easier to achieve with our teams being so close and forever willing to help out.
There’s a lively culture here, and it’s easy to get to know each other amidst a truly warm atmosphere. With flexible working hours, you can use your time effectively and plan around your schedule. Plus, we’re well equipped for a healthy lifestyle with our own café, canteen, and gym.
So, if you have the right experience and want to take the next step apply now.