Projects Manager – Product Development/Quality Assurance/Product Compliance
Purpose of role:
The Project Manager will be responsible for delivering projects within the functions of Quality, Product Technical Development and Compliance. Ability to manage a large quantity of concurrent projects with diverse and varying requirements within a retail environment, and approach of confidence and flexibility to project management is essential, as well as having a dynamic skill set and strong communication skills to help them successfully address problems at all stages of a project programme, from design stage, planning, budgeting and quality delivery. The Project Manager will manage and co-ordinate all tasks across the ‘time, cost, quality’ criteria set by Primark. They will have the ability to work autonomously, as well as being a team player and have the ability to manage a team.
Reports to: Head of Product Compliance
• Understand and support delivery of the Primark Departmental and Quality strategy to deliver the customer promise.
• Role models industry and function best practice
• Strong understanding of future technologies that would impact our speed to market, lower our costs and improve our processes.
• Manage several projects at one time across multiple functions – Product Development, Product Compliance and Product Quality Assurance including third parties/vendors for the execution of projects, ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Ensure resource availability and allocation
• Create and manage detailed project plans to track progress and report and escalate to management as needed
• Select appropriate technology that manages a project's primary risks and help the sponsors define what success looks like
• Risk management of all projects, highlighting and reporting risks
• Set KPIs to make sure project deadlines are hit working to specific budgets and manage spend
• Manage the relationship and ensure appropriate communication with key all stakeholders
• Effective start-up, execution and close-down of projects and programmes
• Study strategic business drivers, discovering and validating business requirements and obtaining input from subject-matter experts
• Examine and recommend changes to current business practices and will provide feasibility by developing and writing proposals
• Alignment of projects and cross functional programmes with business benefits realisation
• Establishment of effective project / programme governance
• Engage with project and programme leads, communicating updates, issues and risks to senior leaders and stakeholders
• Manage external partners who will help to deliver projects
Communication and Influence
• To promote and represent their dept. and the business as a whole with regular and clear, timely information to develop a culture of continuous improvement
• Excellent relationship building and communication skills, able to challenge and influence a variety of people across all levels of the business
• Establishing and implementing effective communication to the variety of stakeholders and 3rd parties
• Leads delivery of project outcomes to the Team, Buyers and Suppliers
• Supports and delivers departmental updates and presentations both internally and externally
Working with others / Leading and managing others
• Coaches others to identify their skills, abilities and development areas.
• Conducts open discussions with direct reports about their strengths and development areas, facilitating an understanding of performance expectations and the creation of formal development plans
• Manages and encourages team decision making.
• Delivers updates and guidance to stakeholders where required.
• A minimum of 5 years in similar role and industry, ideally with an understanding of PLM software
• Some level of line manager experience
• Proficient in Microsoft office and project management software
• Fluent in English both Verbal and Oral
• Proven experience of projects management
Why work with us?
As well as giving you a competitive salary, we’ll provide you with progressive career path. Clear advancement is what we’re all about at Primark. We’re always open when talking about your development and we offer lots of training – whether it’s in-house or sending you on courses. We’re big believers in rewarding hard work, which is easier to achieve with our teams being so close and forever willing to help out.
There’s a lively culture here, and it’s easy to get to know each other amidst a truly warm atmosphere. With flexible working hours, you can use your time effectively and plan around your schedule. Plus, we’re well equipped for a healthy lifestyle with our own café, canteen, and gym.
So, if you have the right experience and want to take the next step apply now.