Property Analyst - Finance Business Partnering Team
Primark is in 14 countries, with 398 retail stores and growing! We occupy some of the most wonderful buildings across our markets and we take pride in all our properties. As our Property analyst you will play a key role within our Property Finance team. You will have the opportunity to work alongside other business areas to protect and drive growth from both the existing and proposed property portfolio. You will support the Senior Finance Business Partner in developing analytical insights to enable better operational and strategic decision making in the company.
- Providing relevant financial analysis and assisting with the development of business cases to drive performance and maximise value from both existing and proposed property investments (new store opportunities, store refits, lease renegotiations, etc)
- Designing, amending and updating financial models, including scenario modelling, and frameworks for transactions and other strategic business initiatives
- Ensuring all proposed investment decisions are appropriately presented with clear explanations of value drivers and recommendations
- Ensuring all data and information used in any investment appraisals are robust and appropriate
- Working closely with the Property Team to provide analytical expertise, insights and intelligence to so that it can be understood and used to manage and grow store portfolio in both new and existing markets; whilst making sound financial decisions
- Supporting the Senior Finance Business Partners in presenting analysis and recommendations for future strategies in their areas, ensuring best practices and process standardisation to activities like business cases
- Working collaboratively across the organisation particularly the Finance, Property, Retail and Store Development teams to understand and act upon business requirements
- Understanding our customers and competitors, while keeping up to date with commercial trends
Area of Focus:
- Reporting to the Senior Finance Business Partner, the Property Analyst will be a key source of guidance and support to the Primark Property, Retail and Store Development teams. The primary focus for the Property Analyst will be to analyse and understand all aspects of investment in the property area, supporting the business in maximising value from both current and proposed investments. This is a key role in supporting our expansion plans in both existing and new markets. The Property Finance analyst role is expected to be agile in approach and outlook so that they can seek and create value across the organisation.
Essential knowledge, skills and capabilities:
- Highly skilled in data interrogation (financial & non-financial data), financial modelling and scenario planning in order to come to sound, logical recommendations & conclusions
- Advanced report writing abilities with strong attention to detail
- Action orientated and solutions focused, with a passion and drive to grow the business
- Ability to build relationships across stakeholders, be commercially aware and numerically savvy
- A critical thinker who asks the right questions and is strong in the ‘what if’
- A collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly explain financial and investment issues to non-finance colleagues at all levels.
- Effective planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales
- Ability to identify risks & opportunities with the confidence to present solutions in a methodical manner
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment with ad-hoc, project-based activities
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Educated to a degree + level
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent) with 1+ years relevant post qualification experience
- Corporate Finance, due diligence, investment appraisal or strategy experience, ideally with a property background.
- Excellent excel and financial modelling skills required
- Project experience or experience of working in a fast paced environment / retail / FMCG
- High level of commercial acumen with the ability to see beyond the confines of the traditional Finance area
- Demonstrate initiative with strong work ethic
- Detail oriented
- The ability to produce relevant, coherent, succinct information analysis for all levels of management, including understanding the requirements of senior stakeholders in the business
- Ability to structure and present a story to influence decisions
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and pro-actively
- Strong desire to take ownership of tasks with an ability to follow through to completion
Why work with us?
At Primark, we know how hard everyone works to achieve our business goals and our competitive salary rewards this. We'll provide you with a progressive career path, because clear advancement is what we’re all about at Primark. We’re always open when talking about your development, supporting with further education or in house solutions. We also offer flexible working which is our way of helping you achieve more.