Adored by fashion fans and value seekers alike Primark is widely established as the destination store for keeping up with the latest looks without breaking the bank. We offer a diverse range of products, stocking everything from baby and kids, to women’s, men’s, home ware, accessories, beauty products and confectionery.
About the team
Our Resourcing team enables Primark’s growth by helping to ensure our people are proud to work for us by championing and developing our culture and DNA. We work hard, we have fun and we’re all in it together. You can be great here, developing your career – and helping others to develop theirs – in business segments, international regions and functional roles.
Delivering exceptional candidate and customer experience is at the heart of everything we do.
Purpose of role
To manage the recruitment needs across our Central Functions departments. You will establish yourself as the subject matter expert, working in partnership with the People & Culture Business Partners and the various department heads, to fulfil recruitment requirements.
- Responsible for the end to end recruitment lifecycle. This includes sourcing, advertising, assessing, arranging and conducting competency based interviews & assessment centres.
- Responsible for pro-actively sourcing, including the use of social networks, job boards and other alternative direct sourcing methods.
- Work with key stakeholders to build a proactive talent sourcing strategy
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal business partners to ensure that all recruitment requirements across the business are effectively managed and delivered
- Partner with educational institutions, coordinating and participating in careers fairs & presentations to the students
- Manage & review existing relationships with recruitment agencies, providing briefing of roles and detailed feedback at all stages
- Responsibility for the maintenance of HR & applicant tracking systems including Brassring and Workday
- Support with internal talent reviews and assessment centres
- Partner with key stakeholders to stay informed of upcoming hiring needs
- Provide analysis on recruitment statistics and activities as required
- Communicate tactfully, professionally, diplomatically and confidentially at all times, providing detailed updates regularly to recruiting managers.
- Provide a strong “can do” attitude with genuine commitment to the function being serviced
- Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the art recruiting practices
Skills & Experience
- You have established yourself as an Internal Recruiter, with experience of a dynamic and fast paced company.
- Previous experience within a commercial internal recruitment team.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage high work volume and be able to work well under pressure
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to learn systems, processes and procedures quickly
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Problem solver with sound judgment skills
- Pro-active – responds purposefully to events
- Innovative and forward thinking
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Knowledge and previous experience of utilising current and emerging digital / social media sourcing techniques.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, and possess the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matter whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills,
- Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism
- Be a proactive self-starter who is goal orientated, with the ability to work without close supervision