Role: Projects and Operations Manager – Security
Purpose of role: To lead and manage the rollout of Security projects while supporting the Head of Security to achieve the functional goals and strategy.
Reports to: Head of Security
Security Projects & Smart Spend
• Lead and manage designated projects pertaining to the security strategy with full ownership and accountability with deliverables. This will involve managing various aspects such as timelines and 3rd party engagement, ensuring each project has been successfully embedded from initiation to implementation.
• Aid and guide the Head of Security and other members of the project team with ad-hoc project governance using their retail acumen.
• Lead, manage, measure and maintain designated projects in stores. Full project ownership and accountability will sit within this role.
• Ensure project management is aligned with the Security strategy and the Smart Spend cost management.
• Lead and manage proof of concept trials form project that are assigned from across the estate from the Security Strategy.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) & Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
• Improve the measurable KPI’s in Retail Security, Head office Security & Supply Chain by engaging with suppliers and key stakeholders
• Measure and monitor the SLAs and control security providers and other applicable areas in the Security portfolio by engaging with suppliers and key stakeholders and influencing for positive outcomes
• Guide service providers, thereby minimising risk based on objectively measured performance metrics by providing clear communication channels and continuous feedback by including all relevant parties.
Contracts / Change Rates / Tenders
• Using analysis of security KPIs and through working with relevant internal stakeholders, negotiate and monitor effective contracts for relevant areas in the Security portfolio, ensuring timely and cost-effective delivery of results and activities while minimising risk to the company.
•Carry out annual reviews of rate changes and work with the Procurement team to ensure best pricing.
•Communicating with the Head of Security to ensure all risk is mitigated throughout this process.
•Own and maintain the security budgets in conjunction with the Head of Security and Finance partners.
•Coordinate and formulate annual budgets for service providers in stores for final sign off.
•Management of additional security risk budget.
•Manage the Cash in Transit budget across the Primark estate, managing effective and cost-efficient contracting of all suppliers.
•Manage the transition to Smart Safes across the Primark estate with the support of the project team
•Drive the Primark cost agenda in all matters of budgets.
•Ensure all service providers are aware and are fully aligned with the Company’s customer service policies and procedures.
•In conjunction with retail teams and the Customer Service department, follow up on complaints and issues raised engaging with key stakeholders e.g. Legal, P&C and Country Directors to achieve desired outcome for the business.
•Monitor complaints to prepare lessons learned while engaging with the ABF consultants to obtain guidance to share across the business.
•Develop own capability by using Management resources and development plans
•Line Manager responsibilities for Security Co-ordinator
Day to Day Management
•Ownership of the management of the security initiatives, to include all ongoing projects and those in the pipeline.
•Act as a secondary point of contact for engagement with internal departments and business functions, e.g. Retail, ICT, FM and Legal
•Provide guidance and support on security event monitoring, management and incident response.
•Provide guidance and direction on threat management, threat modelling, identify threat vectors and the development of use cases for security monitoring.
•Assist with the management of security of 3rd parties and external suppliers. By reviewing the period KPI and SLA’s while analysing all of the security data on the security KPI portal.
•Assist with ensuring documentation and process alignment with relevant security industry standards and best practices by liaising with the ABF Security consultants and Procurement team.
•Provide guidance and leadership on security matters, providing control and advice in BAU & project settings.
• Support the Head of Security in delivering the security strategy through working group strategy meetings and reviews in conjunction with the project team, making sure to meet deadlines and support the Business Case development
• Ensure robust controls and measures are in place and well managed to protect the organisation from security threats and risks by developing an internal audit program for the security department.
• Produce regular security compliance and status reports to the Head of Security.
• In conjunction with Head of Security produce robust and up-to-date security communications, education programmes and training across the business.
• Assist the Head of Security with regularly providing clear and concise reports and presentations for communication to senior stakeholders.
• Use the knowledge gained in the analysis and design of the solutions to become one of the subject matter experts for solution being delivered.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
• Minimum of 5 years commercial/Retail experience within retail stores
• Ideally experienced in 3rd party supplier management
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills and experience applying these skills to resolve operational and technical issues.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Exceptionally strong attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
• Have strong communications skills (written and verbal) – need to communicate at all levels within Retail, with the ability to build trust and build a wide network across the organisation.
• Possess the ability to work alongside and influence senior management at all levels within Retail, the business and external service providers / business partners.
• Highly organised, detail-orientated, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
• Demonstrate a proven ability to drive & collaborate with all levels- initiative owners, execution partners (e.g. technology, finance, customer service, marketing, product management and external partners)
• Ability to lead, influence and coach others
• Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism.
• Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.