The mission for the Data & Analytics team is toenable and empower our partners across the business to use highimpact data & analytics tools, technologies, and methodologies todrive business insights & improve business outcomes.
As the Senior Analytics Practice Manager, you should be an ambitious and effective communicator. Your mission is to provide meaningful analytics and insights to help the business generate higher levels of sales, profit, and efficiency, while ensuring strong alignment with Business Partners, Spokes, Data and Data governance leaders.
You will be responsible for the strategy, design, and development of
Visualisation and Analytics products, whilst supporting the development of enterprise-wide standards and leading practices for developing Visualisation and Analytics products.
Lead and Collaborate on Data Visualisation, Analytics and Data Science Projects
- Ownership of Analytics vision, strategy, and roadmap to drive improvements in Analytics & Data Science maturity
- Communicating and demonstrating the business value of Analytics to drive a step change in business performance
- Own the standards, governance, and methodologies for data visualisation, storyboarding and Analytics model development & validation
- Strong understanding of latest market developments relating to Analytics and Data Science, and how these trends could benefit Primark
- Promoting the conversion of insights and predictions into actions enabling the business to grow proactively
- Work with CD&AO to agree key workforce planning & resource priorities for the Analytics team and track progress against plan
Developing the Data & Analytics Community
- Evolve the existing hub and spoke model to address business requirements and key business questions through Analytics products
- Support the development of Analytics and insight generation skills of spoke community members
- Promote cross functional ways of working in support of Analytics initiatives ensuring adherence to standards and leading practices
Delivering the Enterprise Data & Analytics Platform
- Input to the evolution of the Data & Analytics platform and advancement of the product suite based on current and potential business needs
- Drive improvements in platform and tool functionality based on partner product roadmaps and Data & Analytics strategy
- Monitor the workload of teams within Data & Analytics to ensure effective delivery of projects, key objectives, and desired outcomes
- Maintain close relationship with vendors, technology teams, and other business teams to ensure existing and future needs can be delivered
- Develop the Analytics team to ensure the right breadth and depth of expertise and provide input on the resourcing and capability gaps we are likely to face in the future
- Lead, motivate and develop Analytics specialists based on Data & Analytics career paths
Essential knowledge, skills, and experience:
- A Bachelor or master’s degree in a quantitative field (Operation Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, Economics, Statistics, Analytics, Management/Business Information Systems (or related degree)
- 10+ years of demonstrable experience in related field, along with Team Management & Leadership experience
- Knowledge of leading Analytics and BI platforms (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, IBM Cognos)
- Hands on experience with at least one programming language (e.g. R, Python desirable)
- Previous experience in large scale data warehousing preferably Teradata
- Advanced SQL skills desirable
- Advanced analytics understanding – predictive modelling, statistical analysis, and machine learning (Supervised and unsupervised learning models like KNN, Random Forest, K-Means Clustering etc)
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis with visualisation and analytics techniques to solve defined business problems
- Self-motivated to work across diverse business scenarios, handling multiple priorities, and having a business mind-set whilst being technically (data) savvy
- Passion for discovering new things and ability to learn quickly
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Ability to question and challenge ensuring we are continuously improving our processes and measuring the right data
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact, and professionalism
- Strong standout colleague with a focus on delivering a best-in-class service to our business partners
- Energetic and enjoys working with diverse partners across Primark
- Passionate about delivering Best in Class Analytics products while applying previous knowledge to deliver excellent outcomes
Why work with us?
At Primark, we know how hard everyone works to achieve our business goals. Having a competitive salary and annual bonus scheme is our way of acknowledging this. We'll also provide you with a progressive career path, because clear advancement is what we’re all about at Primark
Our flexible working benefit, Your Day Your Way, means you get to choose when to start and finish your workday. Choose to work remotely if you like, in a way that suits you but also helps us get the most out of your talents.
There’s a lively culture here, and it’s easy to get to know each other in a truly warm atmosphere.