Reports to: Director of Financial Business Performance
Purpose of role:
Senior Finance Business Partners operate at a strategic level, focused on partnering with key stakeholders in protecting and driving growth of the business. As part of the financial business performance team, they work with leadership and key stakeholders in advising and critically challenging strategic and operational decision making across the business. They bring analytical, commercial and strategic insights to drive performance and value creation.
We have a small number of Senior Finance Business Partners in the business. These are senior roles in the finance structure and are part of the Financial Business Performance team.
Example areas of where the Senior Business Partners and teams will spend time are outlined below. Although the Senior Finance Business Partners will naturally spend more time focused on specific areas and opportunities within the business, the expectation is that they and the team will be agile and aligned to business demands and where the value is. The expectation is that one of the Senior Finance Business Partners will have lead financial responsibility for property and similar investments, as well as being agile across other areas as the business demands.
|Areas of Focus||Summary Points|
|Property & New Markets|
|Business Strategy & Planning|
|Operational & Tactical Activities|
- Act as lead financial partner for key areas of the business, working side by side with key business stakeholders to design & deliver value at a strategic and operational level.
- Bring new ideas to the business, solving issues and shaping financial and business strategy
- Focus on head-up, forward looking activities to help maximise opportunity to create value
- Lead by example by developing trusting and collaborative relationships with stakeholders
- Influences key stakeholders and customers to achieve Primark’s desired financial outcomes
- Work collaboratively to construct compelling pieces of analysis, outlining issues, opportunities and solutions overseeing development & ensuring output is insightful & actionable
- Using deep business & commercial understanding, enable, challenge & influence strategic/ business plans, identify areas of risk & opportunity for digital enablement of relevant plans
- Oversee business case development, working with the various teams to deliver outcomes
- Collaborate with various stakeholders within Finance, Primark and externally to deliver result
- Proven ability to influence senior stakeholders strategically within a commercial context and strong track record of business partnering with a senior-level client base.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to structure/present compelling stories to influence decisions.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen with the ability to quickly assimilate the implications of our performance or various strategic options and be able to communicate these clearly.
- Strong organisational, planning and delegation skills to balance many responsibilities simultaneously.
- Self-Motivated: Self-motivated with the ability to be comfortable in an agile, unstructured role
- Strategic Thinking: Is a strategic thinker and very comfortable working in this setting.
- Self-Direction and Agility; Promotes a positive culture and displays resilience when devising and implementing change. Ability to work independently and pro-actively
- Relationships & Influence: Adept at building relationships and influencing at all levels.
- Working with others; Demonstrates strong leadership skills to develop & retain high performing colleagues who build collaborative working relationships. High emotional intelligence
- Decision Making; Using analytics and insights, devises strategies for commercial business growth
- Innovation; Influences and empowers others to think creatively taking calculated risks to grow.
- Customer Focus; Drives initiatives that continually improve customer service and experience.
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Likely to be a qualified accountant and/or MBA with 7+ years progressive experience working in a strategic or finance, commercially focused role, in a consulting practice or industry.
- High level of commercial and financial acumen with the ability to formulate and clearly communicate analysis, insight and recommendations for future strategies
- Has worked in a fast-paced finance team, preferable in retail/FMCG
- Action orientated with the ability to identify and drive opportunities for growth, working cross functionally, not just identifying a problem or solution but making the change
- Strong work ethic and very comfortable working in an ‘unstructured’, consultative setting, with a focus on value creation