Purpose of role: The Service Delivery Manager’s role is central in delivering a quality service to our customers. This position will form an integral part of the Service Management team, responsible for driving service excellence, stability and support across all of the operations, but primarily in the area of services delivered to the Internal Communications as the cross-functional team embarks on the digital transformation journey and launches an exciting colleague app to 70,000 of our colleagues.
Location: Dublin or Reading however regular travel to Dublin will be a requirement of this role
- Primary responsibility for the operational performance and availability of Primark Internal Communications platforms and channels.
- Managing service delivery to ensure the availability of a fully functional, reliable and secure IT environment
- Take a lead role for the day-to-day operations management of the IT services delivered for Internal Communications
- Work together with the Project team on designing support model for current and future channels such as Colleague App and internal Live Stream channel.
- Develop and manage internal relationships and customer satisfaction & experience - manage, measure and ensure that the Operations team and Technology Service Partner/s are achieving agreed levels of customer satisfaction
- Drive problem management to identify, remove root cause to prevent reoccurrence and drive continual service improvement.
- Agree, implement and report on a programme of continuous service improvement.
- Support IT operations towards improved performance and reduction in costs.
- Ensure efficient processes are in place and challenge the status quo to deliver improvements to service.
- Report, communicate and update relevant stakeholders on the on-going operation of services, incident management and improvement programmes, guaranteeing clarity, visibility, timeliness and expectation management to the right people using the right methods.
- Provide expert management support to complex, high profile issues and ensure root-cause analysis is conducted and a corrective action plan is followed through
- Practical financial budget experience
- Manage and grow relationships with key Internal Communications IT partners / suppliers / vendors
- Will be required to be part of 24*7 on-call rota and provide support and leadership outside of core business hours for Major Incidents / High impacting issues.
Key Interactions and engagement with as part of role:
The role will interact primarily with manager, head of functions, director level and C-Suite across the business. The role will also interact with all levels of management within IT both in terms of operations and project delivery.
Essential knowledge, education, skills and experience:
- At least 5 years experience in Technology environment with at least 3 years experience in a Technology Customer facing role.
- Experience and/or passion for communication & collaboration channels.
- Exceptional ability to motivate and influence key contacts and decision makers required.
- Proven negotiation skills and ability to influence others at different levels.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Proven track record in striving for continuous improvement and driving efficiencies, whilst maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Proven team player in working with one’s peers to ensure that delivery of service is timely, efficient and of high quality.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills together with the ability to deliver customer presentation skills to board level.
- Proven commercial awareness and a track record of working with vendors / partners.
- Project Management capabilities with ability to plan, initiate, monitor and implement projects within a team.
- Service Management capabilities Service Level Management, Incident Management, Change Management and Asset Management, ITIL accreditation at minimum to Foundation level essential.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation and within a cross-functional team.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others.
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status