Purpose of role: Working to develop robust, integrated social media strategies that drive engagement and advocacy for Primark, this individual will develop and manage a broad strategy to innovate and set world-class standards for social media marketing.
This leader will be expected to work closely with the brand, creative and PR teams to ensure that social media plans are effectively integrated into brand marketing efforts, as well as leverage any potential earned and owned media opportunities. They will partner with key social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Tik Tok and Twitter, as well as seek out and develop new and emerging platforms that can help us grow our customer base and brand.
They will have a thorough understanding of the capabilities of social media and its ability to connect with a wide range of audiences, and how to use those capabilities to develop a range of strategies and content forms that social media users want to share with their networks.
They will formulate and implement best-practices, mechanisms and measurement tools that provide enhanced opportunities to engage audiences and leverage the benefits of individual social media platforms, while demonstrating the ability to understand how social media activities can be integrated and activated through other traditional marketing activities in any given campaign or activity across Primark. This individual will lead a team that is actively seeking to raise the bar for strategic approach, creative development and execution within the social media space.
You will have the opportunity to build and lead an in-house team, work with agencies, and partner with social media platforms to develop and implement plans. This candidate will have the opportunity to grow under the mentorship of a global fast paced brand.
You will work closely with other team leaders within Primark to coordinate and integrate social media strategies and tactics that provide opportunistic marketing opportunities for all stakeholders. The objective is to find fast, efficient, creative and effective ways to explore the multiple dimensions of social media, test new opportunities, and deliver them successfully.
The ideal candidate will offer a unique blend of creative instincts, social media marketing aptitude, measurement and executive management skills.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Own the development of a strategic social media marketing plan and its associated budget across campaigns and channels.
- Understand how to use social media to strategically build brands, create attention and generate user advocacy on a global scale. They will have developed highly creative social media marketing campaigns and will have demonstrated the ability to think big and implement innovative ideas in ways that create significant social sharing and PR attention.
- They will develop and lead a team that can create and implement highly sharable content that is creative, demands attention and is on-brand.
- Work with agencies, publishers, platforms (directly and indirectly) and other partners with the goal to find fast, creative and efficient ways to build, execute and measure innovative social media marketing plans that connect with customers, maximise engagement and create sharing, talkability and advocacy.
- Lead the development and direct the implementation of a wide range of content forms, including video, text, still imagery, animation, live action and other content forms that best utilise the technology available on any given social media/digital platform.
- To work cooperatively with other internal stakeholders across Primark, including business leads, product and creative teams, while helping to install the infrastructure for us to create at a rapid pace and test, deliver, learn and adapt.
- Work collaboratively with Primark teams across business units to develop and execute creative ideas, plans and strategies.
- Own the content development relationships with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tik Tok and other primary/key partnerships.
- Provide inspirational and creative thought leadership on ways to reach and gain attention of target audiences.
- Plan and manage campaign executions, on time, on budget, to scope.
- Work closely with the Marketing Director to integrate and measure the value and impact of our social media marketing opportunities.
- Be the voice of all things social media at Primark providing insight to the business regularly
- Manage external agencies as necessary for that which we cannot do internally.
- Establish repeatable operational methodologies and mechanisms that enable fast and responsive content development and distribution.
Key Skills & Personal Attributes:
- 5+ years Social Media experience.
- Team Management experience of a Social Media team.
- Experience of working in a Global Fashion Brand would be beneficial but not essential.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Sound knowledge of fashion marketing.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others.
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust.