Purpose of role
This role is to join the Business Systems domain supporting the Primark Internal Communications area to assist with development of Business and ICT Strategy within Primark.
ICT Business Systems Manager
The ideal candidate is an experienced Solution Architect with demonstrable experience of working within a large-scale ICT enabled transformation programme; a self-starter who thrives on new challenges and exhibits the leadership skills necessary to work with all levels of management. This person must be comfortable working independently and collaborating within a team environment. The person should be experienced in dealing with business people and providing a clear articulation of how to express requirements for their area. He or she should understand latest developments in tools/techniques such as Low Code Development Tools and Agile Development Methodologies as well as DevOps tools/techniques. The person needs to be flexible with the changing demands of the position.
- Design end to end solution for a project reflecting all domains: Process, Applications, Information / Data, Technology, Service, Integration and Security. Define the structure of a system, its interfaces, and the principles that guide its organization, software design and implementation; handle/mitigate technical risks.
- Define as is and future architecture design and get agreement on the required changes and transition states.
- Ensure and demonstrate how functional and non-functional requirements are met by the proposed solution. Understand and drive alignment between business and IT priorities
- Get agreement to the design as documented in the solution blueprint. Bring Blueprint to design council for approval. Communicate architecture to key stakeholders.
- Do low level design or engage specialist architects (e.g. security, infrastructure) – internal or external to prepare low level designs. Oversee Application Solution design work undertaken by the systems integrator ensuring that it will meet the requirements.
- Ensure solution delivery plans are aligned with the overall delivery plans, including various test phases, and cutover.
- Update baseline architecture when project is going live.
- Ensure provision of application environment(s) by working closely with the infrastructure workstream and external environment provider
- Ensure overall quality of architecture solution throughout the development process.
- Anticipate/identify issues/ concerns and propose solutions; Conform to Primark’s architectural standards and approach. Create and maintain architecture documentation.
- Ensure solution delivery plans are aligned with the overall project/programme delivery plans, including various test phases, and that application solution quality, readiness and integrity are in place for a successful cutover
- Resolve solution design issues in collaboration with the systems integrator and solution architects.
- Manage engagement with business, including full engagement on Business Processes and make sure they fit with the Solution Design.
- Provide weekly management level status updates
Qualifications, Knowledge, skills & experience
- Educated to degree level in a Computing or business discipline or equivalent.
- Previous experience of solution architecture for complex integration projects in a highly pressurised, large scale environment is a prerequisite.
- Experience of setting and managing solution architecture for projects with a wide range of vendors to support solutions in a multi-country environment
- Experience of working across communications platforms is desirable
- Demonstrable leadership skills, with the ability to influence people and build strong relationships
- Excellent project management skills and a solid understanding of the systems development lifecycle
- Experience in Cloud Based solutions and technologies
- Experience with architecting solutions with large web, mobile components.
- Experience in TOGAF and ITIL methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to influence and motivate others within cross functional teams
- Possess a continuous improvement mindset; the ability to design new and improve existing processes
- Detail oriented, with well-developed analytical skills
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Good understanding of modern Application Development Tools and Methodologies