Purpose of role: The role involves the general coordination and support for the central sourcing team.
Reports to: Sourcing Manager
Duration: 12 Month FTC
- The role involves supporting the sourcing team to attract, develop and integrate new suppliers and production units for new and existing product categories for Primark.
- The role involves arranging and coordinating new Suppliers inductions to Primark.
- The role involves working with our Regional Sourcing Offices to develop and integrate new factories with existing suppliers to support Primark capacity growth.
- The role involves the organisation and scheduling of supplier meetings, workshops, conferences as required
- The successful candidate needs to manage multiple issues, engage multiple stakeholders and ensure these issues are resolved efficiently.
- The role involves ad hoc support for any supplier related queries that may arise and impact Buying, Ethical, Supply Chain, Customs and Finance teams.
- The role involves travel coordination, meeting schedules, passport/visas, presentations, preparation as required.
- The role will require attending individual supplier meetings in ARH/Reading House as required.
- The successful candidate needs to build & maintain relationships with the Buying, Sourcing Teams and Suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Relationship builder, both internally and externally
- An ability to work under pressure
- Able to work in a team and on own initiative
- Cultural awareness, sensitivity and confidentiality
- Excellent problem solving and planning skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint.
- Be resilient, flexible and open to change
- Have good listening skills
- Be energetic and enthusiastic
- Have the ability to manage own time, prioritise and be self-motivated
- Be able to digest and manage a large volume of information.